Can i go back from 4.4.2 to 4.3 official firmware

damoi020

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello i just flasht the new kitkat firmware to my note 3 and i notest that i could not write or read to my sd card anymore so my question is... Can i go back to my original 4.3 i did try it with odin but i got a fail.... Anybody ideas wat to do next?

Verstuurd van mijn SM-P600

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think you can go back to 4.3 once you flash the 4.4.2 bootloader.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pierre118

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
You are stuck at 4.4.2. The new bootloader prevents to go back. The SD writing problem can be(partially) fixed, but there are more very annoying bugs that prevent me to update. For the moment I stick with my rooted 4.3, Knox 0x0.

So be warned before updating.

damoi020

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok thx... for the sd card write read bug is a workaround just use the stock file manager and you can copy and read

Verstuurd van mijn SM-P600

pierre118

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
That's so strange, some have no problems at all, and some have them. Like screen rotation does not work........All identical phones.

Good to hear you are satisfied!

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Why is Samsung getting these issues with updates lately? It's starting to get ridiculous...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

themagicianbg

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My GPS stopped working - cant acces the maps on the SD
My ebook reader stopped working - cant access the SD
My screen lock works 3/10 times - I can not unlock my phone as it locks again
My battery drains like crazy
I can no longer listen to my mp3 collection - can't access the SD

My big FU to Google, my big FU to Android, my big FU to Samsung !

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I think you might need to do a factory reset. I'm on 4.4.2 and.....

My GPS works as IT DOES read from SD
My battery lasts me all day and then some
I can listen to all the MP3's I want that's stored on my SD
My lock screen works perfectly
I don't have ebooks so I can't comment there....

So before saying FU to anyone (except to google for this crap) try an F reset. In fact after every major update, it's an unofficial rule to F reset to prevent things like this from happening.

themagicianbg

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Gator, thanks for the feedback. I will give it a try.

Although - if you think about it - none of the other phones require F reset after an update - or at least I have not heard of any.

And yes - FUs go all the way up the chain....

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Gator, from your experience, the upgrade to KitKat is the right thing to do? You have no regrets doing it and everything is working I gather?

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
The writing to the SD card can be fixed but you'll need to Root and install a custom recovery which surprisingly a lot of people are afraid to do because of warranty, to thee I say buy an iPhone.
Downgrading as of now is still not possible because of the bootloader but keep an eye out on XDA developers.com for developments on that.

for an SD card fix -> EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN N900TUVUCNB4 -> CF-ROOT -> Philz-Recovery -> FIX -> done! - xda-developers this will do a bunch of steps from flashing stock rom to rooting and than fixing the SD card..

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I love how people make up their mind as SOON as something goes wrong without digging a little bit for a fix. Settle down before going around F'ing everything... For every problem there is a fix out there.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
When an OS "upgrade" is pushed to your phone, and your phone doesn't work once that's done, you would have every right to b!tch and moan. We all paid a hefty premium for these phones and we shouldn't have to screw around wasting time "looking for a fix".

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it's ridiculous we uninitiated would have to risk doing all that rooting and rom installing. No way I would do that atm.
I successfully updated 7 days ago, and with a minor glitch with Gallery/Picasa/Sync errors mostly fixed, it's the same midly improved phone. I was a lucky one though it seems.
The apps are still running and in the same places and movable. I may have not hit a brick wall with SD issues yet. There could be patches in the near future.

The majority of Note 3 owners will stick with stock surely if it's usable, or complain and change phone.
I obviously haven't done it, but I wouldn't encourage rooting. Caveat emptor.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
But it sounds like you really have no major issues, so that's positive!

It's been very positive on my factory N9005. I use the sd for music, photos and most lesser used apps, (inc a large mapping app) but I only drag and drop stuff via cable. I noticed 2 or 3 folders extra folders on the card.
I wasn't going to update but heard there was a fix for the WiFi issue in KK which I depend on. WiFi has improved a lot, less notifications, but could be better still.
I couldn't say yay or nay to updating, looking at some stories. It was only available to me 8 days ago, so there may be better patches in there.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance