Strange Mail Problem

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks.

My Note 3 has suddenly developed a strange problem. I use Gmail and until today when I received a new email I'd get one gmail notification. However now I'm getting a notification for Gmail AND a notification for the built-in email app. What's changed and how do I change it back?

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9005

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what may have changed but to stop the stock app go into Settings Accounts and turn off sync on that stock app. You'll still get the gmail notifications.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
That worked, thanks. I've also got no idea what happened. I've been at work all day and certainly haven't been mucking around with the phone. Very strange.

Anyway, thanks very much for fixing it for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have an email account set up through the stock email client you shouldn't receive a notification. Do you have your Gmail set up in both apps?

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I do Mike. Should I delete my Gmail account in the stock client or just leave things as they are? I'm not getting double notifications now anyway. What's the general view of the stock app anyway when compared with the gmail app?

Sent from my SM-N9005

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I would totally delete Gmail from the stock app. To me the Gmail app is much nicer. Is there a reason you need it in both?

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
No, no reason. To be honest I came from an iPhone to this monster with no previous experience of android so I just did "everything".

Sent from my SM-N9005