S View Case

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I bought a generic $7 fully functional S View case on eBay. I figured for $7, I'm not out much if it's crappy. Case came in in 2 days and let me say that it is AWESOME!! I played with the Samsung brand one at Verizon and this is literally identical. I could not tell a difference. It fits PERFECTLY and the S View software works flawlessly with it. Only way I'd be willing to pay $60 is if it's for the rugged Spigen one. BUT if you're looking at the Samsung one, get this!! Totally worth it!! This is the one I bought: Smart Auto Wake Sleep s View Flip Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay Just thought I'd share my 2 cents!! :)

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I bought a generic $7 fully functional S View case on eBay. I figured for $7, I'm not out much if it's crappy. Case came in in 2 days and let me say that it is AWESOME!! I played with the Samsung brand one at Verizon and this is literally identical. I could not tell a difference. It fits PERFECTLY and the S View software works flawlessly with it. Only way I'd be willing to pay $60 is if it's for the rugged Spigen one. BUT if you're looking at the Samsung one, get this!! Totally worth it!! This is the one I bought: Smart Auto Wake Sleep s View Flip Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay Just thought I'd share my 2 cents!! :)

I have two of the Samsung branded cases so not sure I need another but curious do these say galaxy note three on the front and Samsung on back?

How does it compare to Samsung case? what's the material like?

Edit... what happens when you flip the case on the back. Does the lock screen window activate. Reviews say this happens with the copy cases. I use mine flipped back all the time and if it caused lock window to activate it would be a pita.

Last edited:

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have two of the Samsung branded cases so not sure I need another but curious do these say galaxy note three on the front and Samsung on back?

How does it compare to Samsung case? what's the material like?

Edit... what happens when you flip the case on the back. Does the lock screen window activate. Reviews say this happens with the copy cases. I use mine flipped back all the time and if it caused lock window to activate it would be a pita.

Mine does not say Galaxy Note 3 on the front or Samsung on the back but you can get the one's with the branding on eBay for like $9-15 instead and shipping takes longer ie shipping from China or Hong Kong. That's the only difference really. The one I bought fits and snaps on perfectly to the phone. It's made of that leather material that's identical to the original one. I just flipped mine to the back and it didn't lock the screen. I'm actually going to buy another one in white with the branding on it this time for a few bucks more since the case is really nicely made. Hope this helps!! This is the link for the ones with the branding: New s View Smart Sleep Wake Up Flip Leather Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | eBay

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So when you open the case and flip it full open and fold it behind the note the lock screen does not activate? If not then that's good to hear as the Amazon reviews for the copy cases all say they lock when used in this way.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Good find. Thanks! What color did you get? I like the gray and seeing as how the mocha gray Samsung one still hasn't been released I may get this one. Although black would match my Galaxy gear....hhmmmm

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
So when you open the case and flip it full open and fold it behind the note the lock screen does not activate? If not then that's good to hear as the Amazon reviews for the copy cases all say they lock when used in this way.

I'm typing on mine as I'm replying right now and it is folded all the way back. No problems yet. There are a lot of different generics out there but the one I bought is great so far.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Good find. Thanks! What color did you get? I like the gray and seeing as how the mocha gray Samsung one still hasn't been released I may get this one. Although black would match my Galaxy gear....hhmmmm

I bought the pink one. I just ordered a USA flag one last night that I found for $9 and also ordered a white one with the branding.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
is it a pain to use the case with the cover flipped back? does it get in the way? eventhough it's only a little bit of work to open it, do you find that you would not open it or would leave it opened / flipped back so you don't have to deal with opening / closing it? these cases look really nice, I just wonder whether it's too much of a pain to use the phone in that case? thanks.....

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
is it a pain to use the case with the cover flipped back? does it get in the way? eventhough it's only a little bit of work to open it, do you find that you would not open it or would leave it opened / flipped back so you don't have to deal with opening / closing it? these cases look really nice, I just wonder whether it's too much of a pain to use the phone in that case? thanks.....

No issues for me at all. In fact, I'm doing that now.

N3 via AC App

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I thought it would bother me n that's why I bought the cheap generic to see if I like it. So far, I love it!! I love that I don't have to worry about the screen being scratched yet when I get a message or someone calls, I don't have to open the case to take care of it. I also like the slim profile it gives the phone. Hope this helps.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Received mine today in the dark gray color, which looks a little more like Brown than gray.

The cover feels nice, not quite as fake leathery as the original battery cover, but not bad. All of the S-view functions works flawlessly.

Even though the pictures on eBay showed the cover without the note 3 and Samsung branding, mine cane with both. Nice cover for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool