Note 3 battery life.

tiaratan

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i just bought my note 3 last sunday. I think that my battery drains fast because I only use it for texting and looking at the time. I also use chrome a little but it is very minimal.

I got 18 hours of battery from 100% to 0%. And about 6 hours of screen time. Considering how I use my phone it drains fast. I turned everything off like gestures, airview, motion gps, bluetooth etc. It was also on power saving mode the whole time. Please help me what should I do. The brightness is also the lowest option. I followed all the battery saving tips but I still get saMe battery life.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
6 hours of screen time is pretty damn good. Think you might need to temper your expectations....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your battery stats are fine.. What are you worrying about?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Keep it turned off and just look at it.

The battery might drain eventually though.

Sorry. I'm in a funny mood and just joining in.

You have a valid query but like they said maybe your expectations are too high, or you drafted it wrong.

I think 2nd batteries are surprisingly cheap for a newish high capacity model. (?15.00 here for an Anker)

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like great battery life.. In any case it's also great having spear batteries. I have 5 batteries. Never charge my phone, ever. Just keep on swapping batteries in a 5 battery rotation.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
6hr is my minimum. I get anywhere from 6.5 to 8.5 screen on (although I don't do 100-0% regularly, I only do 85 to 30 most of the time).

I think the key is to turn off all data when not in use.

tiaratan

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I turned everything off. My brightness is also on the lowest level. I use it only for texting and most of the time I only look at the clock. I think with minimal usage and no extensive use like games or mobile data the battery life drains fast. Or is it really only up to 6 hours of screen time even though I only use it for texting.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's typical battery use. I usually have to charge my phone 2-3 times a day but I use my phone alot for texting and work emails

As for brightness I usually have it set on automatic. And only occasionally do I need to adjust it manually

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i just bought my note 3 last sunday. I think that my battery drains fast because I only use it for texting and looking at the time. I also use chrome a little but it is very minimal.

I got 18 hours of battery from 100% to 0%. And about 6 hours of screen time. Considering how I use my phone it drains fast. I turned everything off like gestures, airview, motion gps, bluetooth etc. It was also on power saving mode the whole time. Please help me what should I do. The brightness is also the lowest option. I followed all the battery saving tips but I still get saMe battery life.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 that the battery life was horrible. Then I switched back to Crapple and bought the iPhone 5. The battery life on the Note 3 is way better than the Crapple. I find that when I am in an area where coverage is poor, it eats the battery.

Today, I used my phone in a low coverage area for 8 hours. I then watched a 15 minute video at home at relatively high volume and the battery still has 44% left. I also are a couple of calls and sent and received maybe 10 texts. Some have said that when they factory reset the device that changed the battery life for them. Another thread suggested you download GSAM. I chose to pay for the GSAM Pro which was about $2 at the Play Store. With the GSAM, you can see where your battery consumption is the largest and with which applications. It also shows you the temperature of the unit as well and also signal strength throughout the day. That might be something to consider. Or, get the extended battery for the unit or walk around with a spare battery.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like great battery life.. In any case it's also great having spear batteries. I have 5 batteries. Never charge my phone, ever. Just keep on swapping batteries in a 5 battery rotation.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

You have them charging separately at home or on the road?

Via one of those charging packs or docking stations?

Even if anyone could afford it, they wouldn't be fully charged out of the pack, would they, to throw away later.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I turned everything off. My brightness is also on the lowest level. I use it only for texting and most of the time I only look at the clock. I think with minimal usage and no extensive use like games or mobile data the battery life drains fast. Or is it really only up to 6 hours of screen time even though I only use it for texting.

thats weird. From my experience, all you need is wifi and mobile data off when not use, then turn off background sync, you can leave screen brightness anywhere from 0-30%, it should do more than 6.

Can you share some screen shots?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Most screen time I ever had was seven hours. Six is usually what I get. I think six hours is great.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Screen-on time is the killer.

I have the phone idle for 5-6 hours while I sleep at night, WiFi ON, Sync OFF, Mobile data OFF, GPS OFF, Bluetooth OFF. It drops maybe 1-2% at best over 6 hours; that's all, but screen-on time runs the battery down quick, much quicker than phone use.

6 hours of screen-on time with 18 hours of battery is insane. Try that on an iPhone or a BlackBerry and see what you get.

Standby time on this phone is reminiscent of the old days on the old style, non-smart phones when they could sit in standby for a week at a time.

Ommadawn

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my Note3, I was thoroughly unimpressed with the battery life as well. It took a couple of weeks for the battery to "settle in" and not I get much better performance - so much so that the spare battery I bought after the first week of use has yet to touch the phone. Give it a week or two of regular charge cycles and see if it doesn't improve, I'd say.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My average screen time is 6+ hours according to GSam.

ahuvujad.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech