Not a cracked screen... but something else?!!!....

eallen33

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this two days ago and it is not a crack. the crazy thing is it is growing down my screen!!!! anyone else experienced this? It reminds me of an etch-a-sketch.... its under the glass, but if i look at it from a certain angle i can see a shadow of the line on the digitizer. so its between the glass and the digitizer.....IMG_1959.jpgIMG_1960.jpgIMG_1961.jpgIMG_1962.jpg

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this two days ago and it is not a crack. the crazy thing is it is growing down my screen!!!! anyone else experienced this? It reminds me of an etch-a-sketch.... its under the glass, but if i look at it from a certain angle i can see a shadow of the line on the digitizer. so its between the glass and the digitizer.....View attachment 101691View attachment 101692View attachment 101693View attachment 101694

Yes someone else has an entire thread with the exact same issue, how long have u had your phone? Anything under 30 days I would be getting a new phone...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=330684

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Either way, you have a 1 year warranty through your carrier/Samsung. You might get a refurb, but it's better than that.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Because if it's after the 14/30 day return period, then they send you a refurbished unit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

eallen33

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input everyone. I went to the AT&T store i bought it from and they referred me to the warranty center in an adjacent building. went over there and the service guy looked at it, wiped it off with the cloth, then whipped out a magnifying glass and an LED light. after his review he deemed it to be a warranty issue. he said it looks like glue separation from the inside stating it looked as though it was between the digitizer and the glass. He also mentioned he had seen this before in other phones but this was the first time he had seen it or even heard of it in the Note3. I am backing up me device tonight and he said they will just swap it out with another phone. ill post whether or not it was new or refurbished. Thanks again z06mike for the suggestion!

Przemyslaw Jeziorek

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I have exactly the same issue. But unfortunately Samsung Repair Centre in UK called Anovo examined the phone and have found that it is not covered under the manufacturer?s warranty and asked me to pay ?130!!
It happen exactly the same as above, firstly the was a small line about 1cm and now, as you can see on attached pic is bigger and bigger. I do not know what to do now.
IMG_20140519_092809294.jpg

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I have exactly the same issue. But unfortunately Samsung Repair Centre in UK called Anovo examined the phone and have found that it is not covered under the manufacturer?s warranty and asked me to pay ?130!!
It happen exactly the same as above, firstly the was a small line about 1cm and now, as you can see on attached pic is bigger and bigger. I do not know what to do now.
View attachment 120708
That's shocking

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12