Note 3: One handed operation

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with one handed mode not working ? Mine will work on the lock screen and calculator but not when you use the swipe gesture from side of screen. Any ideas ? I have enabled it in the settings 'Use for all screens'. When I first had the phone it did work but not now.

Last edited by a moderator:

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: One handed operation

You have to swipe in from the edge and then back to the edge. Is that how you are doing it?

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Mines working. Seemed a little temperamental to get to work but I don't use it so it may always be this way. Check accessibility settings. Maybe a setting there is causing it not to work. Is this a 4.4 or 4.3 note?

ATT N3

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks everyone, I'm on 4.3. Got some advice from another forum. It's working but you have to do the gesture lightning quick. It's hardly the smooth gesture I've seen in videos and seems very hit and miss, more frustrating really.

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

It just takes a little practice. Do it a few times and you'll see how easy it is.

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

It just takes a little practice. Do it a few times and you'll see how easy it is.

I find that on my swipe back to the edge of the screen I have to flick the thumb off the edge of the device and it will work every time. If I am at all tentative on the swipe back then the gesture will not register.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I find that on my swipe back to the edge of the screen I have to flick the thumb off the edge of the device and it will work every time. If I am at all tentative on the swipe back then the gesture will not register.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's so hit and miss on my note it's more of a hinderence than a useful feature.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy . I was able to get it 5 times in a row just now

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173