Samsung Note 3 no service ..common fault Sim card reader faulty?

rexnong

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi new here just bought a Samsung note 3 off ebay
It was listed as faulty no service which is ideal as they are usually locked in the uk
The seller now told me the fault probably is someone put the memory card in the sim slot and made the fault as its a common fault?
How can i get this fixed as the phone is awesome but need to get service
Its an unlocked note 3 sm900 version
thanks for help in advance
If i can find somewhere that sells the piggyback sim/sd card slots i can get someone to fit it
Also can this be done on warranty although i havent got a receipt?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You will probably have to get the SIM card reader replaced at the very least. However I doubt that you'll be able to get it done under warranty, as the warranty generally only applies to the person who originally purchased it - and even then generally only applies to defects from the factory not to mishandling, use, abuse, that sort of thing. Someone trying to jam an SD card into the SIM slot (or the other way around) would be considered mis-use/abuse and therefore not something the warranty would cover anyway, even if you were the original owner.... which you're not.

So take the phone to a local phone repair shop, get them to test it out and see what they can do for you. Personally I would never purchase a phone from eBay unless it was from a VERY reputable seller, and it was very clear that the phone was in great condition. I would not personally purchase a damaged device.

rexnong

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help
I contacted Samsung and they say they are aware of many returns with anMicro sd card and a sim card being put in the wrong slot as they are near identical size
Lukily they are replacing it under warranty with no receipt
I by lots of phones blocked in the uk so listed as faulty as they all work abroad where i spend most time
Turned out good thanks Samsung

steve short

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
That's the biggest design flaw apart from the speaker. The sim is nigh on impossible to remove once inserted. I'd imagine a lot of phone's go back due to being damaged due to people trying to remove the sim.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781