Note 3 camera -- takes some getting used to

deludel

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
After switching from the iPhone 5 - am beginning to realize however that the iPhone 5 was really a dummy camera ... long ago, I had a DSLR and knew how to manually take photos using full control. I had kids around the same time I had the iPhone 5, and it became all too easy to point & shoot with my phone.

I recognize now that the Note 3 camera is all about understanding the settings, which I am just beginning to do. I read this morning about changing the resultion to 4:3, and how to lock focus, etc ..

if any one has links to GOOD references that discuss ALL the settings and options in the camera, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. There is an in depth tome on the subject that was finished last week ota.

Somebody let deludel know where the new camera bible by LunatiqueRob went to. I can't find the thread, or search.

Apparently it is excellent if you are serious about getting the best from the camera.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

deludel

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. There is an in depth tome on the subject that was finished last week ota.

Somebody let deludel know where the new camera bible by LunatiqueRob went to. I can't find the thread, or search.

Thanks - I *am* serious about using this thing to its full potential ..

I found a post from October with 801 replies .. I read a few hundred of them, LOL .. weeding out personal opinion about DSLR vs camera phones and honing in on a specific topic: there are several camera apps to choose from ...

So .. I am adjusting the purpose of this thread:
1 - I'd love to see the "new camera bible" that Madd54 referred to
2 - Curious: which camera app does everyone use, and why?

Thanks!

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I found a post from October with 801 replies .. I read a few hundred of them, LOL .. weeding out personal opinion about DSLR vs camera phones and honing in on a specific topic: there are several camera apps to choose from ...

Thanks!

I probably caught the last few pages of the same thread, as he was finalising it.
He put links in the thread at the time.

I want to look at it on a pc later.

Thanks, Scottwood2.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!
well, I don't have a Note 3. But to really enhance photos on the go give Snapseed a try and see how you like it it's intuitive and has many features to enhance those photos you take and really like.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Love when people have intellect and understand good technology sometimes comes with a learning curve instead of "this camera sucks" banter. Bravo OP. Golf clap for miles.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

deludel

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Here is a link they were taking about. Galaxy Note 3′s camera test & recommendations for best Android camera apps « Ethereality News & Weblog

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Terrific link -- LOTS to read, but for those of us who understand some photog-speak (ISO, f/stop) it helps .. also, I actually enjoyed his link for Part 1 of that series, which was "Switching from iPhone to Android" and the favorite apps. THAT link is worth it's weight in gold and is here:

Switching from iOS (iPhone 4) to Android (Galaxy Note 3) & my favorite Android apps / accessories recommendations « Ethereality News & Weblog

Excellent, just excellent.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Love when people have intellect and understand good technology sometimes comes with a learning curve instead of "this camera sucks" banter. Bravo OP. Golf clap for miles.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Truly. Amen.

That post sure got everyone going though!