After switching from the iPhone 5 - am beginning to realize however that the iPhone 5 was really a dummy camera ... long ago, I had a DSLR and knew how to manually take photos using full control. I had kids around the same time I had the iPhone 5, and it became all too easy to point & shoot with my phone.

I recognize now that the Note 3 camera is all about understanding the settings, which I am just beginning to do. I read this morning about changing the resultion to 4:3, and how to lock focus, etc ..

if any one has links to GOOD references that discuss ALL the settings and options in the camera, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    01-29-2014 11:14 AM
    Welcome. There is an in depth tome on the subject that was finished last week ota.

Somebody let deludel know where the new camera bible by LunatiqueRob went to. I can't find the thread, or search.

Apparently it is excellent if you are serious about getting the best from the camera.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
    01-29-2014 11:40 AM
    Welcome. There is an in depth tome on the subject that was finished last week ota.

Somebody let deludel know where the new camera bible by LunatiqueRob went to. I can't find the thread, or search.

Thanks - I *am* serious about using this thing to its full potential ..

I found a post from October with 801 replies .. I read a few hundred of them, LOL .. weeding out personal opinion about DSLR vs camera phones and honing in on a specific topic: there are several camera apps to choose from ...

So .. I am adjusting the purpose of this thread:
    1 - I'd love to see the "new camera bible" that Madd54 referred to
    2 - Curious: which camera app does everyone use, and why?

Thanks!
    01-29-2014 11:48 AM
    Here is a link they were taking about. http://www.ethereality.info/ethereal...dpress/?p=2303

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-29-2014 12:01 PM

I found a post from October with 801 replies .. I read a few hundred of them, LOL .. weeding out personal opinion about DSLR vs camera phones and honing in on a specific topic: there are several camera apps to choose from ...

Thanks!
    I probably caught the last few pages of the same thread, as he was finalising it.
    He put links in the thread at the time.

I want to look at it on a pc later.

Thanks, Scottwood2.

01-29-2014 12:13 PM

Thanks!
    well, I don't have a Note 3. But to really enhance photos on the go give Snapseed a try and see how you like it it's intuitive and has many features to enhance those photos you take and really like.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-29-2014 01:01 PM
    Love when people have intellect and understand good technology sometimes comes with a learning curve instead of "this camera sucks" banter. Bravo OP. Golf clap for miles.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    anon8380037 and deludel like this.
    01-29-2014 01:14 PM
    Here is a link they were taking about. Galaxy Note 3′s camera test & recommendations for best Android camera apps « Ethereality News & Weblog

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Terrific link -- LOTS to read, but for those of us who understand some photog-speak (ISO, f/stop) it helps .. also, I actually enjoyed his link for Part 1 of that series, which was "Switching from iPhone to Android" and the favorite apps. THAT link is worth it's weight in gold and is here:

Switching from iOS (iPhone 4) to Android (Galaxy Note 3) & my favorite Android apps / accessories recommendations « Ethereality News & Weblog

Excellent, just excellent.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-29-2014 04:29 PM
    Love when people have intellect and understand good technology sometimes comes with a learning curve instead of "this camera sucks" banter. Bravo OP. Golf clap for miles.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Truly. Amen.

That post sure got everyone going though!

Johnly likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:23 PM