Best Camera App?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
How does photos look at ISO1600 with FV5 compared to ProCapture?This is really the acid test as most apps do well in good lighting.

I have compared ProCapture with Zoom FX and prefer the former.Photos maybe slightly less detail as there is more noise reduction but they are less noisy and grainy.This is personal preference of course and another person might prefer more detail at the expense of more noise.

If you are after full manual control,then you can't go past FV5.It's the only app that allows control of shutter speed.

B2DF, you saw the photos I posted in the "camera sucks" thread, right? Which did *you* think did the best in low light auto mode (auto with the flash turned off that is)?

Posted via Android Central App

back2Dfuture

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
B2DF, you saw the photos I posted in the "camera sucks" thread, right? Which did *you* think did the best in low light auto mode (auto with the flash turned off that is)?

I would say ProCapture and FV5 are quite even as they both have the same exposure at ISO1600 and 1/15 shutter.However,the photo taken by FV5 appears as though there is a blue tinge to it but I am not sure if that is representative of the actual lighting in the room.Only you would know.The photo taken by Zoom FX undoubtedly looks brighter because it had a longer exposure at 1/10 shutter so I suppose that would be the most attractive but it did have the benefit of a slower shutter.

It's hard for me to judge because I am not in the room to compare the photos to and determine which one comes closest to the actual scene.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The oil painting effect is the result of the smart stabilisation mode.It appears to have very aggressive noise reduction and the result is an over processed look.I would turn it off unless you don't mind that effect and it seems a lot of people don't mind as long as the photo is bright enough and noise free.

I think the trick with night shots is finding an app that does well in the ISO 800 to 1600 range.I prefer ProCapture because it gets the right balance of detail and noise reduction in my opinion.

I've turned everything off and that effect still pops up. Very super annoying.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I would say ProCapture and FV5 are quite even as they both have the same exposure at ISO1600 and 1/15 shutter.However,the photo taken by FV5 appears as though there is a blue tinge to it but I am not sure if that is representative of the actual lighting in the room.Only you would know.The photo taken by Zoom FX undoubtedly looks brighter because it had a longer exposure at 1/10 shutter so I suppose that would be the most attractive but it did have the benefit of a slower shutter.

It's hard for me to judge because I am not in the room to compare the photos to and determine which one comes closest to the actual scene.

There shouldn't be a blue tinge.

Yeah, FX is brighter. It chose a slower shutter speed. That's part of the calculus in deciding which is best for auto shooting. I was also looking at rug texture and the face of the speaker in terms of how detail and shadows were portrayed. I was kind of surprised that FX took the top prize.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
There shouldn't be a blue tinge.

Yeah, FX is brighter. It chose a slower shutter speed. That's part of the calculus in deciding which is best for auto shooting. I was also looking at rug texture and the face of the speaker in terms of how detail and shadows were portrayed. I was kind of surprised that FX took the top prize.

Having said that, my Panasonic GF1 chose 1/15 at 800 ISO. It would have been tricky to shoot a clean shot hand-held at that speed because of the weight of the camera (not that it weighs THAT much, mind you. Anything under 1/30 and you take your chances.)

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Ahhh, I went and looked and that "blue tinge" comes from the TV. To do a fair comparison, I probably need to either turn off the TV or put it in pause for all of the shots. That could account for the different exposures as well. I might do that and post the shots here later this evening.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app that will make two digits of my left hand completely transparent when I hold it in landscape and click with my right thumb?

I can't believe I'm doing this but its down to a vertical flip case.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox