02-11-2014 07:47 AM
81 1234
tools
    In a perfect world I would have a Note 3 and a 5s... and they would both receive all notifications all the time. Then, I could choose my phone for the day or the time of day. If I am going surfing or to the gym... Grab the 5s... If I'm going to the office or and appt with a customer... grab the Note 3. One phone number + 5s/GN3 = HAPPY CAMPER!!
    Trees likes this.
    02-05-2014 10:58 AM
    Yes. 1 contract, 1 number, 1 data allowance, 2 phones, 2 sims. Maybe pay a little bit more.

If you leave both phones on, your data just increases. One phone is selected for calls and sms at one time. No swapping sims. Easy enough for the carriers to do surely.
    If you take the inactive phone by mistake, have a simple secure system to swap active phones. Maybe this is available already to the very wealthy.

The carrier gets higher customer usage and maybe sells 2 phones.

The stumbing block would be having identical apps to sync remotely on both systems. Then call and sms logs etc.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    02-05-2014 12:05 PM
    There are only about 30 threads on iPhone 5 to Note 3.
    Ah yes but we never seem to get tired of talking about it. Just like battery life. And for the record, Mine won't last that long as my poor old eyes put the display up to 100% for better visibility. Sad but true. Even then, my battery will last at least 12 hours or more.
    02-05-2014 01:35 PM
    Thanks. It's more like a welcome back to android. I only managed 28 days with the 5S before coming back. The bigger screen will take some getting used to , although I did have the original note for over a year it was quite a bit smaller than the note 3.
    I thought I was bad. lol. I feel your pain though. The heart wants what the heart wants. Welcome back.
    02-05-2014 01:39 PM
    I don't doubt loose buttons on the iPhone. Perhaps I've not noticed since the buttons are round and they always appear to be sitting perfectly straight. However, I've just read of loose and rattling iPhone 5s power buttons. I keep a case on both of mine so I've not noticed that either. The iPhone prolly does scratch easy but I could never use my phones without cases and screen protectors. Battery life? Well, since I have two iphones and alternate I've not been paying attention to battery life. The battery life certainly lasts me more than 24 hours but prolly because I'm not using the phones all the time (iPads filling in).

So none of these devices are perfect, it's just what ya like. I still believe Samsung could at least of given the Note 3 the Note 2's build quality...but I guess they needed to cut costs.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    Definitely going to have to disagree with you on this one. I realize the Note 3 is plastic but that said, I see nothing at all wrong with this phone's build. I looks perfectly fine to me. I also just never understood people who complained about "creaky" keys. Really? I've had a million phones it seems and have yet to hear any creaking keys. Just always seemed a little OCD to me. This is coming from someone who is probably a little OCD toward fingerprints and smudges. I sit her looking at my N3 and have absolutely NO complaints with the looks of it nor do I see anything that might be physically defective.
    02-05-2014 01:46 PM
    Definitely going to have to disagree with you on this one. I realize the Note 3 is plastic but that said, I see nothing at all wrong with this phone's build. I looks perfectly fine to me. I also just never understood people who complained about "creaky" keys. Really? I've had a million phones it seems and have yet to hear any creaking keys. Just always seemed a little OCD to me. This is coming from someone who is probably a little OCD toward fingerprints and smudges. I sit her looking at my N3 and have absolutely NO complaints with the looks of it nor do I see anything that might be physically defective.
    You may have one with a home button that doesn't move laterally and end up sitting crooked. I was never so lucky. The phone gods often seem to frown upon me. Once someone here pointed that issue out to me sure enough I noticed it ...and noticed it on the two subsequent phones. Now, I know that I'm being totally OCD and asinine about it (I, admittedly, have phone issues).

Sent from my Haalcyon 5s 64
    02-05-2014 04:32 PM
    You may have one with a home button that doesn't move laterally and end up sitting crooked.
    My home button doesn't move laterally or sit crooked either. I guess Samsung got two of them right.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    02-05-2014 11:57 PM
    You may have one with a home button that doesn't move laterally and end up sitting crooked. I was never so lucky. The phone gods often seem to frown upon me. Once someone here pointed that issue out to me sure enough I noticed it ...and noticed it on the two subsequent phones. Now, I know that I'm being totally OCD and asinine about it (I, admittedly, have phone issues).

Sent from my Haalcyon 5s 64
    My question is, would you have noticed that if you hadn't read it? Anyway, either I just get really lucky or all these phone boards complaining about creaky keys, or light pin holes, and all manner of little ailments are filled with OCD people. I'm just glad my only "issue" is fingerprints.
    02-06-2014 03:55 PM
    My question is, would you have noticed that if you hadn't read it? Anyway, either I just get really lucky or all these phone boards complaining about creaky keys, or light pin holes, and all manner of little ailments are filled with OCD people. I'm just glad my only "issue" is fingerprints.
    Yeah , I would have noticed it. As I'm looking for "impurities". I have issues when it comes to these things.

Sent from my Plutonium 5s 64
    02-06-2014 04:24 PM
    Yeah , I would have noticed it. As I'm looking for "impurities". I have issues when it comes to these things.

The first step is to admit you have a problem.
    02-07-2014 09:45 AM
    The first step is to admit you have a problem.
    My name is Haalcyon and I'm a gadget freak.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64
    clitrenta likes this.
    02-07-2014 10:05 AM

Darn. Guess I'd better be joining you considering how many phones I've had in the last year alone. I do so LOVE this Note 3 though. I'm done for a while (REALLY!)
    02-07-2014 10:13 AM
    Darn. Guess I'd better be joining you considering how many phones I've had in the last year alone. I do so LOVE this Note 3 though. I'm done for a while (REALLY!)
    The Note 3 is a stellar device. If I could only have one phone and no tablet I'd likely have a black Note 3.

02-07-2014 11:17 AM

Yeh it does become an obsession I have had the S3,S4,Note 2, Galaxy Mega, Now I have the Note 3 and the Nexus 5 all within a two year period lol

Posted via Android Central App
    02-07-2014 11:57 AM
    Yeh it does become an obsession I have had the S3,S4,Note 2, Galaxy Mega, Now I have the Note 3 and the Nexus 5 all within a two year period lol

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah I have two iPhone 5s' currently. I may sell one and get that G2 but I actually like having the two different colored 5s'.

02-07-2014 12:01 PM
    I looked at a Note 3 recently...but that not-perfectly-sitting home button really put me off. I'm OCD about details like that. Instead, I got another iPhone 5s to jailbreak. Now I have 2.

What's the matter with the home button? Looks fine to me.

02-07-2014 12:49 PM
    On many Note 3's the opening for the home button allows it move in all 4 directions and, therefore, it sits crooked. This is a new issue for Samsung phones...so funny it show crop up on their flagship.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE
    02-07-2014 01:18 PM
    Yeah I have two iPhone 5s' currently. I may sell one and get that G2 but I actually like having the two different colored 5s'.

Now you're just talking crazy.
    02-07-2014 03:10 PM
    The Note 3 is a stellar device. If I could only have one phone and no tablet I'd likely have a black Note 3.

I actually got rid of the tablet I had because I fully intended my Note 3 to be my "do everything" device and it has not disappointed me. I have no desire or need for a tablet. I even don't mind reading some of the magazines/books/newspapers in Google Play on this. I'm good for a while now.
    02-07-2014 03:12 PM
    I actually got rid of the tablet I had because I fully intended my Note 3 to be my "do everything" device and it has not disappointed me. I have no desire or need for a tablet. I even don't mind reading some of the magazines/books/newspapers in Google Play on this. I'm good for a while now.
    The Note 3's screen makes using it very enjoyable. I just enjoy using multiple devices. Again, I may sell one of the iPhones and get a G2 or Note 3, who knows, I don't wanna take more than $100 hit though.

02-07-2014 03:18 PM
    I was also surprised at how good the note 3 is for reading magazines. I never expected it to be this good. I have tablets but the note is perfectly fine.
    02-07-2014 03:38 PM
    The Note 3's screen makes using it very enjoyable. I just enjoy using multiple devices. I may sell one of the iPhones and get a Note 3, who knows, I don't wanna take more than $100 hit though.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
    02-07-2014 03:39 PM
    Go for Note 3.

Since the first day I had it, it never failed to entertain, amaze and making me productive, what with the large screen making it pleasure to send emails, and all that multiwindows and s Pen have been VERY USEFUL.

I can never go back to smaller screen phone. and removable battery and micro slot is also a must for me as I store tons of photos, videos, music, etc etc.
    Having a spare battery and knowing I will never run out of battery gives me peace of mind, which is priceless.

Also, since having bought Note 3, I almost never use my tablet anymore.
    02-07-2014 03:53 PM
    I was also surprised at how good the note 3 is for reading magazines. I never expected it to be this good. I have tablets but the note is perfectly fine.
    This is totally my experience. since I bought Note 3, I almost have never used my tab anymore.
    Reading (or watching movies) on Note 3 is such a pleasure. And actutally Flipboard looks better on my Note 3 than on my Tab 7.7.
    mchi5 likes this.
    02-07-2014 03:58 PM
    I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE ADORE the Note 3's stock keyboard. I miss it.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-07-2014 04:06 PM
81 1234