iPhone 5s to Galaxy Note 3?

andyckr

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have both Note 3 and iPhoney 5 and I would NEVER EVER CHANGE my Samsung for that piece of crop metal! I believe you truly pay more for the name Apple, than what it's really worth. I can come up with a trillion reasons why the Note 3 is a BEAST!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have both Note 3 and iPhoney 5 and I would NEVER EVER CHANGE my Samsung for that piece of crop metal! I believe you truly pay more for the name Apple, than what it's really worth. I can come up with a trillion reasons why the Note 3 is a BEAST!!!

Posted via Android Central App

*Because faux metal bezels are cool
*Because faux leather and stitching are neat
*Because home buttons that don't sit quite straight are to die for
*Because Touchwoz is so lightweight

Sent from my Plutonium 5s 64

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
*Because faux metal bezels are cool
*Because faux leather and stitching are neat
*Because home buttons that don't sit quite straight are to die for
*Because Touchwoz is so lightweight

The iPhone 5S has a loose home button too.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5S has a loose home button too.

Actually all the buttons on the iPhone are loose. Scratches easy, poor battery life. I own one and waiting for my note 3 to come in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't doubt loose buttons on the iPhone. Perhaps I've not noticed since the buttons are round and they always appear to be sitting perfectly straight. However, I've just read of loose and rattling iPhone 5s power buttons. I keep a case on both of mine so I've not noticed that either. The iPhone prolly does scratch easy but I could never use my phones without cases and screen protectors. Battery life? Well, since I have two iphones and alternate I've not been paying attention to battery life. The battery life certainly lasts me more than 24 hours but prolly because I'm not using the phones all the time (iPads filling in).

So none of these devices are perfect, it's just what ya like. I still believe Samsung could at least of given the Note 3 the Note 2's build quality...but I guess they needed to cut costs.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't doubt loose buttons on the iPhone. Perhaps I've not noticed since the buttons are round and they always appear to be sitting perfectly straight. However, I've just read of loose and rattling iPhone 5s power buttons. I keep a case on both of mine so I've not noticed that either. The iPhone prolly does scratch easy but I could never use my phones without cases and screen protectors. Battery life? Well, since I have two iphones and alternate I've not been paying attention to battery life. The battery life certainly lasts me more than 24 hours but prolly because I'm not using the phones all the time (iPads filling in).

So none of these devices are perfect, it's just what ya like. I still believe Samsung could at least of given the Note 3 the Note 2's build quality...but I guess they needed to cut costs.

All the home buttons on my iPhones (3G, 4, 5S, iPod touch 5th gen) have been loose or clicky and the home button on my 3G stopped working after a year. It doesn't really bother me too much but it happens.

I also heard stories of the iPhone 5/iPad mini getting scratched. My iPad mini and iPod touch 5th gen are both over a year old and are spotless. I take care of my devices and always have a screen protector and case. I only had my iPhone 5S for 28 days but it was still in mint condition.

As for battery life I'd say that the 5S is comparable with the S4, they both last a day with moderate use. I haven't had my note for long enough to make a fair comparison. Where the iPhone falls down is its lack of a removable battery. I was away last weekend and was using my iPhone a lot so the battery drained. I have a morphie battery pack but it didn't solve the problem. It took a while to re-charge and didn't have enough juice to completely charge the iPhone. I much prefer to have a spare battery. I had one for my S4 and a few for my original note. I didn't have to use it much with my S4, but was ideal for trips away.

In regards to build quality, yes the 5S looks better and is constructed from more premium materials. However, I don't find Samsung all that bad. Their designs are sturdy and stylish in their own way. They feel good in the hand. I'm. to sure if the iPhone feels good in the hand, especially after you have used a larger android device with a high quality screen. The iPhone then feels a bit toy like in comparison.

I think we are all different, for some people like yourself the iPhone is perfect.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
All the home buttons on my iPhones (3G, 4, 5S, iPod touch 5th gen) have been loose or clicky and the home button on my 3G stopped working after a year. It doesn't really bother me too much but it happens.

I also heard stories of the iPhone 5/iPad mini getting scratched. My iPad mini and iPod touch 5th gen are both over a year old and are spotless. I take care of my devices and always have a screen protector and case. I only had my iPhone 5S for 28 days but it was still in mint condition.

As for battery life I'd say that the 5S is comparable with the S4, they both last a day with moderate use. I haven't had my note for long enough to make a fair comparison. Where the iPhone falls down is its lack of a removable battery. I was away last weekend and was using my iPhone a lot so the battery drained. I have a morphie battery pack but it didn't solve the problem. It took a while to re-charge and didn't have enough juice to completely charge the iPhone. I much prefer to have a spare battery. I had one for my S4 and a few for my original note. I didn't have to use it much with my S4, but was ideal for trips away.

In regards to build quality, yes the 5S looks better and is constructed from more premium materials. However, I don't find Samsung all that bad. Their designs are sturdy and stylish in their own way. They feel good in the hand. I'm. to sure if the iPhone feels good in the hand, especially after you have used a larger android device with a high quality screen. The iPhone then feels a bit toy like in comparison.

I think we are all different, for some people like yourself the iPhone is perfect.

Oh...the iPhone is not perfect at all, the aluminum is not much better than soda-can grade (IMO). However, to me, there is quite a bit to appreciate about it and I'm going to baby any device I have anyways...a disorder I seem to have.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh...the iPhone is not perfect at all, the aluminum is not much better than soda-can grade (IMO). However, to me, there is quite a bit to appreciate about it and I'm going to baby any device I have anyways...a disorder I seem to have.

Staying on this 5s temporarily, working for people who swear by iPhones but not had one myself, can I ask was there an online furore about the new OS cartoon like icons. It's what first struck me, and I have heard short reference to it in review mags. Did customers stink up at the time? Old story to you guys but just curious.
I tried to diplomatically ask my employers what they thought, but I think it was that "Emporers New Clothes" scenario yet again. "What, it looks great"
After a while it became normal I'm sure.

Btw - I love that prolly word and am gonna start using it!

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm, the Note 2 was worse build quality over the 3. Not sure where you think it was better. I owned a Note 2, and messed with a Note 3, definitely much better.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, the Note 2 was worse build quality over the 3. Not sure where you think it was better. I owned a Note 2, and messed with a Note 3, definitely much better.

The Note 2's home button is not too small for its opening and sitting crooked every opportunity it gets...at least, IME.

Sent from my Haalcyon 5s 64

Bluehair62

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
In a perfect world I would have a Note 3 and a 5s... and they would both receive all notifications all the time. Then, I could choose my phone for the day or the time of day. If I am going surfing or to the gym... Grab the 5s... If I'm going to the office or and appt with a customer... grab the Note 3. One phone number + 5s/GN3 = HAPPY CAMPER!!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes. 1 contract, 1 number, 1 data allowance, 2 phones, 2 sims. Maybe pay a little bit more.

If you leave both phones on, your data just increases. One phone is selected for calls and sms at one time. No swapping sims. Easy enough for the carriers to do surely.
If you take the inactive phone by mistake, have a simple secure system to swap active phones. Maybe this is available already to the very wealthy.

The carrier gets higher customer usage and maybe sells 2 phones.

The stumbing block would be having identical apps to sync remotely on both systems. Then call and sms logs etc.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S to galaxy note 3?

There are only about 30 threads on iPhone 5 to Note 3.

Ah yes but we never seem to get tired of talking about it. Just like battery life. And for the record, Mine won't last that long as my poor old eyes put the display up to 100% for better visibility. Sad but true. Even then, my battery will last at least 12 hours or more. ;)

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. It's more like a welcome back to android. I only managed 28 days with the 5S before coming back. The bigger screen will take some getting used to , although I did have the original note for over a year it was quite a bit smaller than the note 3.

I thought I was bad. lol. I feel your pain though. The heart wants what the heart wants. Welcome back.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Definitely going to have to disagree with you on this one. I realize the Note 3 is plastic but that said, I see nothing at all wrong with this phone's build. I looks perfectly fine to me. I also just never understood people who complained about "creaky" keys. Really? I've had a million phones it seems and have yet to hear any creaking keys. Just always seemed a little OCD to me. This is coming from someone who is probably a little OCD toward fingerprints and smudges. :) I sit her looking at my N3 and have absolutely NO complaints with the looks of it nor do I see anything that might be physically defective.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Definitely going to have to disagree with you on this one. I realize the Note 3 is plastic but that said, I see nothing at all wrong with this phone's build. I looks perfectly fine to me. I also just never understood people who complained about "creaky" keys. Really? I've had a million phones it seems and have yet to hear any creaking keys. Just always seemed a little OCD to me. This is coming from someone who is probably a little OCD toward fingerprints and smudges. :) I sit her looking at my N3 and have absolutely NO complaints with the looks of it nor do I see anything that might be physically defective.

You may have one with a home button that doesn't move laterally and end up sitting crooked. I was never so lucky. The phone gods often seem to frown upon me. Once someone here pointed that issue out to me sure enough I noticed it ...and noticed it on the two subsequent phones. Now, I know that I'm being totally OCD and asinine about it (I, admittedly, have phone issues).

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
You may have one with a home button that doesn't move laterally and end up sitting crooked. I was never so lucky. The phone gods often seem to frown upon me. Once someone here pointed that issue out to me sure enough I noticed it ...and noticed it on the two subsequent phones. Now, I know that I'm being totally OCD and asinine about it (I, admittedly, have phone issues).

My question is, would you have noticed that if you hadn't read it? :) Anyway, either I just get really lucky or all these phone boards complaining about creaky keys, or light pin holes, and all manner of little ailments are filled with OCD people. :D I'm just glad my only "issue" is fingerprints.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My question is, would you have noticed that if you hadn't read it? :) Anyway, either I just get really lucky or all these phone boards complaining about creaky keys, or light pin holes, and all manner of little ailments are filled with OCD people. :D I'm just glad my only "issue" is fingerprints.

Yeah , I would have noticed it. As I'm looking for "impurities". I have issues when it comes to these things.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000