Early upgrade using a tablet line.

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Tablet line due end of April for an upgrade. Called Verizon and the first girl gave me the early upgrade but wouldn't let me use a tablet upgrade in a cell phone. Called a second time and that person wouldn't let me do either but she said I had 2 lines on my account that give me a $300 discount off retail of a new phone and it extends the contract for 1 year. (Never knew this was an option but very nice to know because those 2 lines aren't do for upgrades until end of 2015!) So I figure I'm going to give it one more shot since I got 2 different answers from 2 diff people. Called again, this gentleman approved the early upgrade AND approved me to use the tablet upgrade on a cell phone. He said it really depends on who you talk to and it's at the discretion of the supervisor. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. So moral of the story is. .. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. And with that being said, has anyone else heard of the $300 discount before?? Is this something new? I've been with Verizon since 2002 and have 9 lines.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Tablet line due end of April for an upgrade. Called Verizon and the first girl gave me the early upgrade but wouldn't let me use a tablet upgrade in a cell phone. Called a second time and that person wouldn't let me do either but she said I had 2 lines on my account that give me a $300 discount off retail of a new phone and it extends the contract for 1 year. (Never knew this was an option but very nice to know because those 2 lines aren't do for upgrades until end of 2015!) So I figure I'm going to give it one more shot since I got 2 different answers from 2 diff people. Called again, this gentleman approved the early upgrade AND approved me to use the tablet upgrade on a cell phone. He said it really depends on who you talk to and it's at the discretion of the supervisor. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. So moral of the story is. .. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. And with that being said, has anyone else heard of the $300 discount before?? Is this something new? I've been with Verizon since 2002 and have 9 lines.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have never heard of the $300 discount. The $300 discount is basically the subsidized price of the phone that normally would put you into another 2 year contract. For me, I chose to do the Edge program. It made sense for me. The $300 discount does make sense though because the other carriers are offering similar deals.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I know T-Mo let's you do this, so the reps telling you that you can are probably right :)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss