My Note 3 Running 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 rom.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So glad I flashed the latest firmware 4.4.2 kitkat and I then rooted and flashed X-Note 8 rom. Runs so smooth and has a few extra feature's within 4.4.2 namely the status bar icons are now white-When you play music the lock screen shows the cover art full screen and new emoji's.

The Green toggles still remain but as I have rooted and flashed that is no issue for me and for some that don't mind TW.

Overall procedure is easy to flash although I did soft brick as I used the wrong custom recovery but other than that a great setup and im now very happy :)

Posted via Android Central with my Note 3 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 rom.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So glad I flashed the latest firmware 4.4.2 kitkat and I then rooted and flashed X-Note 8 rom. Runs so smooth and has a few extra feature's within 4.4.2 namely the status bar icons are now white-When you play music the lock screen shows the cover art full screen and new emoji's.

The Green toggles still remain but as I have rooted and flashed that is no issue for me and for some that don't mind TW.

Overall procedure is easy to flash although I did soft brick as I used the wrong custom recovery but other than that a great setup and im now very happy :)

Posted via Android Central with my Note 3 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 rom.
Awesome! Glad to hear you are enjoying the ROM and had a relatively painless root experience.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Cheers Yeh was a bit of a hassle namely because I got impatient lol for example I flashed the firmware really not complicated oh FYI I was previously rooted. But when it came to rooting and flashing it got a bit tricky. Rooting appeared not to work. So this was my experience of rooting for kitkat 4.4.2.

So make sure you have chainfire's new root for kitkat (xda) then use odin to flash making sure your drivers are installed correctly (you will see a blue status bar) and added in the status box. Then tick ap and add your cf auto root in this or in older versions pda. It will do its thing and come up with pass and auto reboot your device, you will notice a red android and from there it boots up. OK for some this may work automatically and you have root but for others it appears not to have worked (like myself). So what I did was download Super su from the play store and then open and from there it completes the root process.

And you must have the latest recovery from my experience JB recoveries don't work.

So yes a learning experience for me :) But loads and loads of fun lol

Posted via Android Central App

kool_zero

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't even have 4.4.2 yet :( Can you share a screen shot of your current setup? Also, perhaps share a link to the X-Note 8 rom? I am searching for it but can't find the one with that specific name. I still have to root as well.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Bare in mind this is for the SM-N9005 and don't flash if this is not your model. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2472301

X-Note 8 may not be available for your specific model but there will be alternatives :)

Not sure how to post screen shots but if you or some else can let me know I will be more than happy to show you my setup.

----------------------------------

Big Bang Theory Rules and that was typed using my thumbs and my Note 3 on 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 Rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20