Odd feature Difference Between Notes

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I know that there are bound to be some differences between Note 3's of the major carriers, but I just thought this particular feature I ran across was an odd choice to be one of those. The AT&T Note 3 allows you to write on the back of pictures. Not so with the Sprint and Verizon versions. Seems like that would have been on all of them since it's such a cool little feature. Anyone else notice any other odd differences like that?

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
My note 3 on verizon let's me write on the back of photos in my gallery

Posted via Android Central App

That's odd because I specifically looked at the ones in Best Buy but then maybe thats something that was delivered with a subsequant update. Even the sales guy at BB looked at his Note and that option wasn't on there

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon note 3 and it allows me to write on the back. To do this I click on a photo in my gallery > press menu button > click on photo note ...This flips the photo around and let's me write on the back of it.

Just tried it on my bf's note 3, also Verizon and it allows me to write notes on the back of the photos also.

I have been able to do this since I got the phone in September.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Good grief. It"s on my EU/UK region N9005. Didn't know.

I was pointed to the surround / spherical photo mode last week. That's more visible, but I thought it was the same as 360 panorama.

Who reads the downloaded guide? I don't think it covers everything?

How many features will remain undiscovered by the time we change our phones?
Too many oddly worded sub menus. I guess there is no better way.

But thanks.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a Verizon note 3 and it allows me to write on the back. To do this I click on a photo in my gallery > press menu button > click on photo note ...This flips the photo around and let's me write on the back of it.

Just tried it on my bf's note 3, also Verizon and it allows me to write notes on the back of the photos also.

I have been able to do this since I got the phone in September.

Thanks! I just tried that on my note 3 I bought from Verizon 1/20/14 and it works on mine! That's really cool!

Via my Galaxy Note 3

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I just tried that on my note 3 I bought from Verizon 1/20/14 and it works on mine! That's really cool!

Via my Galaxy Note 3

One thing I don't like about this feature is it folds over the right corner of the picture!
Do you know how to get rid of that?
Thanks!

Via my Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint version supports fm radio, the only US carrier to do so.

The Note 3's with the qualcomm snapdragon 800 support 4k recording. The qualcomm snapdragon 800 supports lte advanced with carrier aggregation and is a class 4 device capable of speeds up to 150mbps. Support for lte-a and ca might not be enabled by default by the carriers. Also, Not all Note 3 versions support lte.

Different carriers have different bloat ware and also the settings menu may be different. I noticed differences between the tmobile and Verizon note 3 settings menu. TMobile Note 3 supports wifi calling.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh forgot to mention, the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is factory sim unlocked.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One thing I don't like about this feature is it folds over the right corner of the picture!
Do you know how to get rid of that?
Thanks!

Via my Galaxy Note 3

You can use a third party app like quick pic.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I can do this on my sprint version. Open picture, go to menu, choose photo note, the picture flips over, voila, write on back of picture. Easy peasy. I always explore submenus, lots of fun found there. ;)

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
You can use a third party app like quick pic.

I actually like that it folds over the corner - otherwise I would not remember which of my photos I wrote on back of! I take a lot of pics so it's handy for me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are also price differences at full retail from carrier's website . As of this post :

Verizon $650
Sprint $700
Tmobile $708
AT&T $725

I have also seen the International non 4GLTE,non 4k capable version for as low as $470.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000