Is it okay to flash a software update from another country on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just wanna ask if is it bad to flash Android 4.4.2 from Poland (official) and I am from the Philippines? And also when I put a pin code on my phone, the 'PQRS' 'WXYZ' don't seem to fit. The S and Z in particular. Please help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1391481384837.jpg
    1391481384837.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 38

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's a bad idea to do that as it could possibly brick the phone.
Only flash firmwares made for your exact model number, and if flashing any ROMs make sure to do the same. I would even stay away from ported ROMs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Only flash firmwares made for your exact model number, and if flashing any ROMs make sure to do the same. I would even stay away from ported ROMs

Is there anyway i could go back to jellybean 4.3? Or should i stay already with the flashed kitkat?

Posted via Android Central App

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

By the way, will I still receive any updates by Samsung with the flashed Kitkat?

Posted via Android Central App

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The Poland kitkat firmware is specifically for the international versions SM-N9005. And no you can't go back to using JB. As I have flashed the official and not the leaked I would be inclined to say yes for the official build and no to the leaked in regards to OTA updates.

----------------------------------

Big Bang Theory Rules and that was typed using my thumbs and my Note 3 on 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 Rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy