Cool factor

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Apparently it's now cool to claim that is cool to hate on TouchWiz.

Soon, it will be cool to hate on this this claim as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
People are allowed to hate Touchwiz if they want?

I use Nova Launcher because I think it looks and handles better than Touchwiz. I could still use Touchwiz.. I just prefer Nova. Even on vanilla Android I'd use Nova.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it cool to hate on Samsung? That's what all the Tech sites started doing last year anyway.

And they did the same to HTC also with the HTC One.

Everyone is welcome to form their own opinion and express it as long as it doesn't get personal in the forums.

Carry on and enjoy!

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This thread is going to fill up fast, again.

I don't mind being uncool - but I don't know which side to take anymore.

Using a launcher, none of which I like so far, is still on TouchWiz right? I get it that you get bigger widgets, and smoother running (why?) but it is too tedious for me to find something I like that isn't designed for playschool. Sorry!

Putting a custom ROM means you're at the mercy of its developer. You are a guinea pig.

Sure its a disappointment out of the box. Homescreen hasn't changed in yonks.
I can customize it enough though for now.

Great if you want to experiment and are competent enough to properly install your own preferences.

I knew what I was buying. I can't be bothered to fiddle with what I don't know for now. I'll try more launchers when I'm in the mood.

You custom ROM guys know your stuff, mostly, and fine if it keeps you happy, but for how long.

TouchWiz it is for now.
If KitKat starts to screw it up though, that's another story.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

Last edited:

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This was just a wry comment about how many times "It's now considered cool to hate on TouchWiz" is popping up lately if you express your preference for alternative launchers or explain why TouchWiz isn't to your taste.

It's getting a little hackneyed and, it's slightly insulting to those of us who are REALLY cool (do I *really* have to use an emoticon here, and does the fact that I used that term for the suddenly hip term for emoji mark me as uncool?)

PS, mods, snappy combacks by haters are welcome, as long as they make me laugh and not want to strangle a puppy.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Madd, I'm talking about the interface, not the system itself. PS, if it fills up, I hope it doesn't become too "serious" of a thread. If it does, I might have to invoke Hitler to shut it down.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey, if you want to talk custom ROMs, you might try Beans. It's pretty much what you like about the system without the bloat with a little system customization thrown in. So far, it's been quite stable for me.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Or if you want to be adventurous try foxhound ground zero 2-installed it last night and silky smooth so far no issue's to report. It has loads of customisations and so far I would highly recommend to check this ROM out .

Well done to the dev for producing a fantastic ROM. So many ROMs keep the look of TW with them green toggles ect this one is very well designed and strays away from that TW look.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney