Internet draining battery

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
memaqy6u.jpg

u3u7ajyq.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what this is about because I seldom use the Internet Explorer app but for some reason its using a lot of my battery(phone was heating up randomly earlier as well) so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what was causing this.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Contrary to the post above, the Internet app does not eat more battery than Google Chrome, from my experience. You may have an issue with your setup or a site that it was stuck on. It's possible you were on a site that was refreshing the page every few seconds.

Have you rebooted the phone or done a battery pull?

Is this a one-time issue with your battery, or does it happen often?

How long have you had the phone and since when have you had the problem?

BTW, it's not Internet Explorer; that's a WIndows browser. It's just called "Internet".

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
One time thing. It only happened today honestly but I was wondering if I had done something to do with some setting I may have triggered accidentally. After my battery has charged completely I'll reboot.

Hah yeah. I know it's not IE but calling it just "Internet" was sort of plain

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
2014-02-19 04.54.39.png
I'm experiencing the same issue! The thing is that I continually force close the stock Internet app and it comes back to life and immediately begins consuming my battery. I've tried everything, cleared the data, turned off plugins and java, but it is a zombie that comes back to life. Without rooting, what should I do???

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Rebooting worked for me. Have you tried closing all the tabs in the browser and then restarting?