Is this possible?

Magick Red

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have the Handcent sms program installed on my Galaxy Note 3. I have disabled the default 'Messages' app on my Note and the icon disappeared from the bottom section from beside the 'Internet' and 'Apps' grid icons which is what I wanted. My question is can I put my Handcent icon/app in the spot recently vacated in the bottom section? I have tried via the lower left 'Menu' button then 'Edit' but it only allows the main section icons to be switched around. I have noticed that when I hold the 'Handcent' icon and drag it to below the main section to the bottom, the deafult app in that area 'Phone', 'Contacts, 'Internet' and 'Apps' blink just once for a second.

So can a new app be placed in the bottom section n a Note 3? If so how?

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have the Handcent sms program installed on my Galaxy Note 3. I have disabled the default 'Messages' app on my Note and the icon disappeared from the bottom section from beside the 'Internet' and 'Apps' grid icons which is what I wanted. My question is can I put my Handcent icon/app in the spot recently vacated in the bottom section? I have tried via the lower left 'Menu' button then 'Edit' but it only allows the main section icons to be switched around. I have noticed that when I hold the 'Handcent' icon and drag it to below the main section to the bottom, the deafult app in that area 'Phone', 'Contacts, 'Internet' and 'Apps' blink just once for a second.

I thought that's what you had to do....

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Welcome to Android Central :)
Like the above post said, that is how it should be done. If there is an empty space in the dock, you should be able to drag the app icon to the space where the other was.

Posted via Android Central App

Magick Red

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
There were 5 apps on the bottom (dock) but when 'Messages' was removed it was reduced to 4. I want to add 'Handcent' in it's place but dragging the icon via 'Edit' to the dock doesn't work because in 'Edit' mode those icons don't appear.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
There were 5 apps on the bottom (dock) but when 'Messages' was removed it was reduced to 4. I want to add 'Handcent' in it's place but dragging the icon via 'Edit' to the dock doesn't work because in 'Edit' mode those icons don't appear.

You don't have to use edit. Just tap and hold on the icon you want to move and drag it to the dock :)

Magick Red

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have tried that and the icons in the dock don't appear or just flash for a second while I am dragging 'Handcent' around the dock area to place it. The icon won't land anywhere but on the main area.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have tried that and the icons in the dock don't appear or just flash for a second while I am dragging 'Handcent' around the dock area to place it. The icon won't land anywhere but on the main area.

Place it in the "main area" and then drag it to the dock. You can't move it directly from the app drawer to the dock

Magick Red

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried dragging from main screen to dock but it doesn't land anywhere. The other apps in dock random flash so I cannot drag it between or on/over the currently placed apps to land it.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I would use Nova Launcher Pro (there is a free version) and then you can have more than I dock and have a many as 7 apps on each dock. I've never had a problem with it. Highly recommended.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe the issue may lie in the fact that you did not actually remove the stock messaging app from the dock. It is just invisible now. You must remove the messaging app from the dock to replace it. The dock still assumes there are 5 apps

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk