Note 3: UK KitKat Update

NeilWhitear

May 24, 2013
Visit site
As a Note 3 user I was excited when I heard the KitKat upgrade had started rolling out earlier last month.

As a UK user I was expecting to receive the update in January, imagine my disappointment now 10 days into February and still not update; the UK is a major market for Samsung and I would have through they would have released the updated sooner.

Does anyone else feel that the Samsung KitKat release for the Note 3 has been rather slow?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 3 UK KitKat Update

To be honest, I don't think it's Samsung's fault. It's the providers.

But if the upgrade borks anything (especially rSAP capability, which was my main reason for ditching iPhone) I won't be participating anyway.

poshpantspaddy

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I even more frustrated as I live in Ireland with an unlocked phone I purchased from the UK. Even the people on carriers here have the update and I still haven't. One of the reasons I buy unlocked phones is to get the updates a little quicker and to date this has work but not this time!

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

You just have to wait. I know it's frustrating but it is what it is.

O2 have to be the slowest at updating.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

You just have to wait. I know it's frustrating but it is what it is.

O2 have to be the slowest at updating.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

There is the option of flashing the Poland firmware, that's what I have done and I'm now on 4.4.2 kitkat and rooted with foxhound rom and to say I'm happy is perhaps understating it, the rom in particular saves battery very well indeed and customisations are brilliant.

If your not into flashing Roms then patience must be had.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I am frustrated as well here in Spain, but I honestly think it makes sense. After the huge galaxy s3 Android 4.3 fiasco, it just makes sense that Samsung is taking it easy this time, even more so in big markets. In fact, if you ask me, I think it's probably better for us users as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

LiamC01

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

It's not all bad, I know a lot of people in other countries that have the update and have had some major bugs. Maybe they'll be able to fix these bugs before it's available for us.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Even more importantly, this update brings very little change, very little value if any. I was hoping the improvement in performance would be significant, but after reading what several people have to say, it's marginal. Certain apps open faster, the unlocking takes place faster, but to be honest, the device is really snappy already and I don't expect much from this update.

What I am more interested in is an update in TW, that would truly make a difference!

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Is it possible to update to poland firmware without rooting? Anything to get ATT off my phone.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

As a Note 3 user I was excited when I heard the KitKat upgrade had started rolling out earlier last month.

As a UK user I was expecting to receive the update in January, imagine my disappointment now 10 days into February and still not update; the UK is a major market for Samsung and I would have through they would have released the updated sooner.

Does anyone else feel that the Samsung KitKat release for the Note 3 has been rather slow?

I would think the USA is a more important market for Samsung. Still, nothing here.

Also, be careful what you wish for. I am in no rush to put KitKat on my Note 3. I updated my Nexus 7 2013 and was sorry I did. I think I'll wait for 4.5 release.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I would think the USA is a more important market for Samsung. Still, nothing here.

Also, be careful what you wish for. I am in no rush to put KitKat on my Note 3. I updated my Nexus 7 2013 and was sorry I did. I think I'll wait for 4.5 release.
What did it do to your Nexus 7?

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Any news? Has anyone got the update in one of the big European countries ?

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I updated my Nexus 7 to KitKat and it was flawless. It improved my batter life as well. My Nexus 5 had KitKat when I got it and it seemed to work great on there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Kitkat on my nexus 10 was good, specially to get rid of the seldom frame drops, which are no longer there, no problem whatsoever. Battery is about the same, difficult to tell if there was an improvement, really, as I don't use my tablet as much as my phone, so I am not as aware of what's a standard charge worth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

anote3fan

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Even more importantly, this update brings very little change, very little value if any. I was hoping the improvement in performance would be significant, but after reading what several people have to say, it's marginal. Certain apps open faster, the unlocking takes place faster, but to be honest, the device is really snappy already and I don't expect much from this update.

What I am more interested in is an update in TW, that would truly make a difference!

As someone who has used official 4.4.2 on Note 3 (Indonesia, OTA) for the past 2 weeks, I'd say the above sums up everything very nicely and accurately. Samsung is a beast of a phone with 4.3 already, and 4.4.2 provides very minimal advantages.

Be patient and wait till Samsung fixes all the kinks.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Think we will be waiting a while for the update in the UK. Not too fussed as it doesn't really add anything and I've been in this position before. You just have to wait.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, strange that carriers in the USA already are seeding the update while the international version is mostly waiting...