4K UHD Video...

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This video is supposed to be in the new 4K UHD format...watch it on your note! It's amazing...first time I've tried to watch anything in the new format:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that it is 4k on the note 3? It runs about 4mbps

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
While that looks incredible it's not possible for the Note 3 to display 4k video!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
As far as I thought it was only capable of recording in 4K. Not display right?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

You are correct! Apart from "only" being a 1080p screen I'm not sure the processor could handle playing a 4k video.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You're correct, I didn't think that through when I posted it...I thought it looked amazing. How many folks out there have the new tvs? Wish I had one to display it on.

Last edited:

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Great looking video after I allowed it to load for a good 5 minutes. Solidifies my belief that 4k is probably at least 5 years out from mass adoption. This is on Youtube and its not fast enough to stream without buffering most of the video first. Combine that with the USA's terrible high speed infrastructure and we are no where near 4k live streaming. Not really interested in getting all my media on 4k now either. Man I wish 480p was still high resolution. I could fit the entire movie collection from the beginning of video on my current server.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Great looking video after I allowed it to load for a good 5 minutes. Solidifies my belief that 4k is probably at least 5 years out from mass adoption. This is on Youtube and its not fast enough to stream without buffering most of the video first. Combine that with the USA's terrible high speed infrastructure and we are no where near 4k live streaming. Not really interested in getting all my media on 4k now either. Man I wish 480p was still high resolution. I could fit the entire movie collection from the beginning of video on my current server.

I didn't have any buffering problems. Just clicked and played right away no issues. Also, if you are watching on your note 3, then it is streaming at full hd, not 4k.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It says 4k on the settings icon of YouTube on my less than 2160 apple cinema as well. It's streaming uhd but scaling to fit the screen.

We're you on the YouTube Lan? You had to have buffering on a few gb video.

via my Note 3

Just tested again at work. While streaming the video and it buffering, also had 2 other tabs open in chrome with iheart also streaming I was getting 8.52mb/s down. I have a 10mb/s service at my work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non