Accessing your notifications on the lockscreen!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered already but I did a search and found nothing...as the "X" is over the search button and won't let me....lol

If you receive a text or call and it's on your lockscreen as a notification, all you have to do is tap and hold it, drag down to the bottom till the clear box fully appears and let go. Then tap the actual notification at the top and it will take you directly to the person in the messaging app or to the person who called so you can call them back.

I found this by accident and it's a crappy way to access this but it works.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There's also another way (and I also found it by accident :p). If you click on the notification an empty box will appear on the bottom. What does it do? Why is it empty? Why does it pop up anyway??!! Well, it turns out its a sub-unlock box. Whenever you have a notification or tap on a widget that supports it on the lockscreen, the empty box appears. Then, if you slide your finger inside that box, the phone unlocks directly to the app that spawned it, not to the homescreen. So, if you get a text message notification, it takes you to your SMS app.

Amazing how many things in these phones are undocumented hehe but nice to see they're there.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The thing with just swiping to unlock is that you're not taken to the app right away, you're taken to the homescreen (or last open app, can't remember if that setting is in TouchWiz or not).

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
All I do is pull down the notification shade, tap on the notification and it directly opens the app to whatever it is...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something here? I usually just click the notification and then unlock my phone and it goes directly to that message.

What is this complex procedure the OP is talking about?

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine won't do that? If I tap the notification then swipe to unlock, it just takes me to the home screen. Hmmmmm. I wonder if a reset is in order....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something here? I usually just click the notification and then unlock my phone and it goes directly to that message.

What is this complex procedure the OP is talking about?

Posted via Android Central App

Just a little while ago, there was a thread complaining people couldn't access the notifications from the lockscreen and that all it did was create a clear (white shaded) box but never took them directly to the message when tapped or swiped. I had this problem. I still can't access the message without doing what I explained. So I guess an F reset will help.