Best micro SD card?

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking to buy a 64gb micro SD for my note 3 and I'm stuck on picking this following sandisk cards:
ULTRA 64GB
EXTREME 64GB
EXTREME PRO 64GB

which do you suggest me to buy??? Anyone having some problems on this following SD cards? Like overheating or something like that???

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have found two things....... one that going all the way to 64...sore of creates problems....I went down to 32.... and the other thing is that for me and for what I have read.... Samsung is the best SD card... it only makes sense that if you have a Samsung phone...use a Samsung card ....

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have found two things....... one that going all the way to 64...sore of creates problems....I went down to 32.... and the other thing is that for me and for what I have read.... Samsung is the best SD card... it only makes sense that if you have a Samsung phone...use a Samsung card ....

Thanks for the reply. Many people are using sandisk cards so I'll go for it. I know what you mean but still sandisks are the best when it comes to speed/writing

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, remember that it is not the brand what makes the best on speed/writing, but the Class of the card. If you choose a class 2 in comparison to a class 10 not matter what the brand is, the speed is not going to be equal..............

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, remember that it is not the brand what makes the best on speed/writing, but the Class of the card. If you choose a class 2 in comparison to a class 10 not matter what the brand is, the speed is not going to be equal..............

But not all cards within the class are created equal.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the 64GB Sandisk ultra and it has worked flawlessly for over a year. I used it in my Note 1 and moved it to my Note 3 when i got it. I have heard about some production problems that caused the first few batches to have issues after sometime, but nothing beyond that. The ultra is probably good enough for the phone. From what I have the phone can't push data to the card fast enough to even take advantage of the ultra's speed much less the other ones. This is a limitation of the card reader in the phone and nothing else. Basically it can't really exceed the speed of Class 10 cards no matter what you do.

The biggest issue with these Micro sd cards are counterfiet cards. Make sure you get it from somewhere reasonable. I would trust newegg, but there are allot floating around from third party retailers that don't seem to be authentic. So if you order from newegg make sure it is from newegg proper and not some third party retailer selling through neweggs site.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the 64GB Sandisk ultra and it has worked flawlessly for over a year. I used it in my Note 1 and moved it to my Note 3 when i got it. I have heard about some production problems that caused the first few batches to have issues after sometime, but nothing beyond that. The ultra is probably good enough for the phone. From what I have the phone can't push data to the card fast enough to even take advantage of the ultra's speed much less the other ones. This is a limitation of the card reader in the phone and nothing else. Basically it can't really exceed the speed of Class 10 cards no matter what you do.

The biggest issue with these Micro sd cards are counterfiet cards. Make sure you get it from somewhere reasonable. I would trust newegg, but there are allot floating around from third party retailers that don't seem to be authentic. So if you order from newegg make sure it is from newegg proper and not some third party retailer selling through neweggs site.

The Ultra would be perfect for the phone if you get one that is trouble-free. After I went through 2 of them failing I switched to the Extreme and was trouble-free.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You are both right to some degree

In many reviews Sandisk cards have been found to well outpace their class speed and run faster then many faster classed cards

But not all cards within the class are created equal.

Deffinately, I had a 32GB Lexar Class 10 card and when it came down to it, it ran slower then my 8GB class 6 card from Sandisk

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Ultra would be perfect for the phone if you get one that is trouble-free. After I went through 2 of them failing I switched to the Extreme and was trouble-free.

Very true. Like I said I have been farily lucky with it. It may have something to do with how I use the card. Mine has been flawless. I would say also look at the cost, if it isn't much more get the better ones. You will always be able to use it in something else later that can take advantage of the extra speed.

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Base on other comments in other articles I bought a Samsung class6 32gb. .. a guy explained me that it would be safer if I have 32gb of storage.

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois