How to software update a rooted Note 3?

chustle925

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't you just find the correct version of software from your carrier and flash via Odin? Another option is to unroot,update then root again.

marktika

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't you just find the correct version of software from your carrier and flash via Odin? Another option is to unroot,update then root again.

I guess i can but i dont know how? :) dont know how to root and unroot my phone or find a specific version of software.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess i can but i dont know how? :) dont know how to root and unroot my phone or find a specific version of software.

Are you sure there's even a Kit Kat update for your model of the Note 3?
Unrooting is easy, just go into the SuperSU app in the phone and scroll all the way down to where it says Full Unroot. That, or flashing official firmwares will unroot the phone

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

marktika

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure there's even a Kit Kat update for your model of the Note 3?
Unrooting is easy, just go into the SuperSU app in the phone and scroll all the way down to where it says Full Unroot. That, or flashing official firmwares will unroot the phone

Not sure yet, but anyhow i want to know now how to roon unroot(it made me curious). So if i do the unroot via superSu do i still need to back my files up?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure yet, but anyhow i want to know now how to roon unroot(it made me curious). So if i do the unroot via superSu do i still need to back my files up?

No, it won't delete any user data. You'll just lose root access and that app.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What phone and carrier do you have? The easiest process is to locate the rom you want and download and install it. No need to remove root and to root again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

marktika

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
No, it won't delete any user data. You'll just lose root access and that app.

An my phone will get carrier locked again, return to its stock firmware and warranty? :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What phone and carrier do you have? The easiest process is to locate the rom you want and download and install it. No need to remove root and to root again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Unless he wants official firmware. I'd recommend waiting for a 4.4, TouchWiz-based ROM though, that way he'd be able to keep root

marktika

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Unless he wants official firmware. I'd recommend waiting for a 4.4, TouchWiz-based ROM though, that way he'd be able to keep root

Yup thats it. :) but i have nothing against ROM, especially because i dont know much about them, can you give me an overview about it, makes me curious even more. :)

truckerhiob

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
What if I don't want to upgrade, however I am getting messages from Verizon that upgrades are available and ready to install? The only options I have are to install it now, or install it later. Neither one works - when trying to install it I am getting "error" message right after automatic reboot. If I choose "later" message comes back after few hours.

I have rooted Sumsung Note3, and the only reason I rooted it was to get rid of bloatware. I don't now how to unroot it, I'm not sure what would happened if I unroot it. Will the blowatware come back? If not - then I don't really care if my phone is rooted or not. I just don't want to have this message from Verizon popping up every few hours telling me about new updates.

robems01

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I GOT NOTE 3 MODEL SM-N9005 BASEBAND VERSION N9005XXUFNF2 BUT IT IS ROOTED PLEEEEASE. WHO CAN I UPGRADE TO Android 5.0 Lollipop HEEEELP !!!

TaRT zKie

Banned
May 25, 2015
Visit site
I GOT NOTE 3 MODEL SM-N9005 BASEBAND VERSION N9005XXUFNF2 BUT IT IS ROOTED PLEEEEASE. WHO CAN I UPGRADE TO Android 5.0 Lollipop HEEEELP !!!

Just update it using Kies, it will automatically detect the update when you plug your mobile! (if the update is already available in your ver. and country)