iOS apps on Android?

nimra

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I've been looking at switching to an Android phone - namely the the Samsumg Galaxy Note 3, but I do have quite some apps in my ipodtouch, which I would like to have on the Android phone...

I am totally new to Android and for the last 13 years only had palmOS, webOS phones - so I am asking this simple ...perhaps stupid ... question: is there any hack or way to get iOS apps onto an Android phone?

Palm Apps - of course would be a runner too - for me, as I do have some dictionaries on iOS, but the far most on palmOS, and just some on webOS.

hm...

Any Android Crack to answer this?

Thanks and brds,

Nimra

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I've been looking at switching to an Android phone - namely the the Samsumg Galaxy Note 3, but I do have quite some apps in my ipodtouch, which I would like to have on the Android phone...

I am totally new to Android and for the last 13 years only had palmOS, webOS phones - so I am asking this simple ...perhaps stupid ... question: is there any hack or way to get iOS apps onto an Android phone?

Palm Apps - of course would be a runner too - for me, as I do have some dictionaries on iOS, but the far most on palmOS, and just some on webOS.

hm...

Any Android Crack to answer this?

Thanks and brds,

Nimra

Most IOS apps are available in Android so I dont think it's a case of finding a hack to allow IOS apps to work for Android, because that wont work. if you have a list of the apps that you currently have on your ipod I could check for you to see if they are available on Android, but from experience of having both an Apple and Android phone I would say that 90% of the apps would be available on Android.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Nimra,

Long-time Palm / webOS user here too ;) You cannot 'hack' an iPhone app to work on Android, but as Kevin said above, simply check the Google Play store out and do a quick search for each of the apps you wish to use on your Android device as most are available on both platforms. Unfortunately, if it was a paid app on one platform, you will most likely have to repurchase it on the new platform (unless the dev has some special deal for users who switch platforms - which is unlikely).

Here's the Google Play store link for you: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../https://play.google.com/store&token=dTkLIwsf

nimra

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Kevin and Newmann

Of course I should have mentionend, that I had paid for serveral dictionaries on all OS's - palmOS, webOS and iOS - and thought I give it a try to be able to use at least iOS or whatever on an Android OS - paying again on a 4th OS is just kind of ... of course I'm familiar with buying apps - but that's what was trying to find a way around.
And I thought ... I had read about an planed Hack or App for Android and iOS - that would allow one to use the apps of the other OS, kind of like having windows on a MAC or like there was "Classical" for webOS enabling one to use palmOS ... hm... perhaps I was dreaming

damn... well perhaps I will stick with my T3 for the us of dictionaries for another couple of years - still works great.

so thanks for your inputs,

brds, Nimra

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna raise Kevin and say that more than 90% of your Apple apps will be available on Android. If not, there will almost certainly be an Android near equivalent.

I too came from Palm/webOS. It was painful in the beginning, but I don't really miss it much, save for Datebk, which to me still blows away everything else to date, including their own Android app. Everything else, I found a suitable if not better replacement.

Good luck, and welcome to the 'hood!

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna raise Kevin and say that more than 90% of your Apple apps will be available on Android. If not, there will almost certainly be an Android near equivalent.

As a recent covert to Android from iOS I have noticed that there are some differences, not all good, between iOS and Android version of apps.

TomTom is quite different on Android and 1Password which I used to use a lot is c**p on Android (You can only view passwords not add or edit)

Considering there are more Android devices out there than iOS you'd think the devs would put more effort into Android apps.

The bonus I have found are all the apps that let you do things that Apple wanted to deny people.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I went from apple to android and don't have a lot of app like I did from Apple. And the ones that I do have don't work as well, keeps crashing on me. I had a lot of 'Christian' apps on my iPhone and now I'm sitting around waiting for them to come out on Android. :(

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Some of the same apps will have minor (and maybe major) differences. This is largely up to the developer. And I'd agree, with Android far outpacing iOS, you'd think they'd pay more attention here. But, iOS is very predominant in the US, so they're focus is here.

I'd say post the iOS apps you miss and ask for recommendations on the best Android replacement. I'm going to guess you'll have no shortage of suggestions. Apps should not keep crashing, on either platform.

Good luck

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49