Use Whatsapp? Facebook owns it now.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
IKR?!?

I thought that program had some type of spy or ad "ware" issues as well? I will never use a third party app for sms. They never run right or deliver your msg's all the time. Good luck FB!

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

BigMcGuire

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
16 billion for Whatsapp from a company who needs permissions to log my calls and SMS when I use their app? Yeah, no thanks. I have used WhatsApp in the past and had really good experiences with it. It's light weight, fast, sends Video, and was 100% reliable when I used it. Since Hangouts came out I've been using that - twisting my friend's arms to use that because I can talk to them from my PC, Chromebook, or Phone. Just amazed at 16 BILLION dollars. There has to be a lot of personal information in there for Facebook to want for it to pay that much. :)

willxander3

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I use whatsapp to communicate with friends and family international. Is good to send sms, mms and videos, was the best solution since blackberry Messenger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
and now that Facebook owns it, ads will appear, or your messages will be used to spawn ads linked to your Facebook account, which im sure it will require you to use now.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I use whatsapp to communicate with friends and family international. Is good to send sms, mms and videos, was the best solution since blackberry Messenger

I also use it to contact family and friends back home in Scotland (I'm in California). Hopefully I won't end up needing a FB account to use it - I deleted mine 2 yrs ago and I'm in absolutely no rush to get it back!

Posted via Android Central App

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I really liked whatsapp, but now that Facebook has it I almost certainly will be dumping it. Far too intrusive and data hungry.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Very doubtful any of this will happen at all, and certainly not any time in the near future.

I use WhatsApp only sporadically, but it's nice. FB's purchase is more for down the road, than right now. They can collect the $1/yr for a couple years with near zero investment, and got by far the largest database of users out there. And, they made sure their competitiors didn't get it.

Ads in texts are not likely at this point, so I doubt there is any worry there.

I doubt they would require an additional FB account if you're already on WhatsApp. Integration here would be very very beneficial, so I could see them merging them down the road.

Bold move, but not crazy. We'll see if it really pays off or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2