My Galaxy Note 3 N9005 screen went all black and battery gets really hot

Endre Ruttkay

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I got my Note 3 about two months ago, was quite nice to use it, but today I took it off the charger and put it in my pocket I think at that point I saw the screen coming up with the usual colorful theme later I wanted to check the news but the screen would not come back on :'(... put it away for a while and then when touching it again it was unusually warm. It seems to switch off and on from the sound it makes when pressing the on/off button on the side long enough, and the two leds on the bottom of the front are flashing when on... What do ya think? I guess back to dealer...

Are there any known issues with this model like this? Or should i ask for the same model I am safe not to have this again, it is quite concerning mainly the heat part.

Br,
Endre

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Was the phone on while charging? If the battery got too hot, the phone will shut down to protect the electronics, laptops do this too. It sounds like the phone was reading the SD card and over heated. Maybe the card reader got stuck in a loop in a corrupted file causing the over heating. I would let the phone cool down, pull the battery for several minutes, reinsert the battery and boot the phone. Check the battery when it's out to make sure it's not bulging (last it flat on the table and spin it, no or little spin is good, fast spin is bad, replace the battery in that case).

Hopefully this will fix the problem. If not there are a few other things to try but this is the easiest to try first. ☺

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Try removing your SD card... Had same issues with mine a while back. Removing the SD card fixed my issues. Just to swap it out with a new one.

Posted via Android Central App

Endre Ruttkay

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much for the suggestions, 1 problem with the - I had no SD card in it, only the micro SIM.
Have tried to put battery back after 1 hour off but still black screen, I guess I just got a faulty unit. I am taking it back to Vodafone tomorrow.

holly0135

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
what was the turn out sorry if you posted it i just signedup for this account ....reason im asking i have the same phone and mine got super hot like that not charging also and then i had the sweat from an ice drink drip on the screen and i wied it off and it started blinking colorful and the screen has been black since i can see the lights and sound on start up and it gives vibration when touched but wont come on ....im assuming the cold droplets cracked something on the inside.....just curious if they ever could say what your issue was or if you found any info out

Endre Ruttkay

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
The outcome is that Samsung claims, that I must have vandalized my phone to get the inside LCD broken. And I managed to do this without one scratch to the outside. They do not listen, their customer care is as bad as it can be.
Vodafone on the other hand has good customer care policy in the Netherlands and they have swapped my phone.

Conclusion I will never buy Samsung again they are a dishonest company, that think of their customers as losers and liers by default. (Already applied the rule when bought my new fridge.)