anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you could probably still get by with a dumbphone. Once you start using the features that a smartphone offers, I suspect that you'll see your data climb. Otherwise, you're kinda wasting your money.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's a company phone plan so I am very careful of using data and take advantage of Wi -Fi whenever possible!

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Then, I would say, don't be amazed by those of us who don't have access to very much Wi-Fi , as if using multiple GBs of data is unusual or strange.

Some just don't use that much data.. Even if you combine wifi. They may use 2-3 GB :).

Not many people use loads of data.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My data usage on wifi has surprised me. Sometimes it's been very low while other months I couldn't believe I went through so much. It got higher after I increased my cable speeds. Not having to wait for pages to open I sure go through a lot.

On mobile data it's often less than 5 mg because that's all Boost Mobile will give me. Which reminds me, I should just shut it off.

Edit: oops, I didn't notice this was a Note 3 thread. :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I know a few people that use little data because they are on wifi most of the time. They still enjoy a nice smartphone

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I get that point. It's just the surprise that those people express. Maybe they don't realize how much data they themselves are actually using through wi-fi.

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I get that point. It's just the surprise that those people express. Maybe they don't realize how much data they themselves are actually using through wi-fi.

Yea but Wi - Fi is not going against your data plan usage, it doesn't matter how much you use it's not going to cost you! It's basically free data usage included with your plan!
I use A LOT of Wi-Fi! I don't know how much because the phone doesn't keep track of it!
(Maybe included in unlimited talk and text?)

Last edited:

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yea but Wi - Fi is not going against your data plan usage, it doesn't matter how much you use it's not going to cost you!

Once again, correct. So why the surprise about those who have actual data counts? Data doesn't cost me either, even if I'm using 200 gb a month (which I'm not but some are). You can probably assume that 99% of people using over 20 gb/mo aren't paying any extra for data over and above the "smartphone data charge".

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Once again, correct. So why the surprise about those who have actual data counts? Data doesn't cost me either, even if I'm using 200 gb a month (which I'm not but some are). You can probably assume that 99% of people using over 20 gb/mo aren't paying any extra for data over and above the "smartphone data charge".

OK! You win. I give up!

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, probably shouldn't have cracked wise about smartphones. It sort of skewed the message.