Help With Text Messaging Issue

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago I started getting "failed to send message" when attempting to send a text message. But the receipient would still receive the message. I also get duplicate messages from people. It only happens when I am at work or out and about using data. This never happens when I am connected to Wi-Fi. I am using Textra as my primary messaging app. I figured maybe it was a Textra issue so I disabled Textra and tried to send text with my stock app. Well when I try this the message doesn't even go through. I have tried to disable the stock messaging app and just used Textra and get the same thing but the message actually goes through. I have tried Battery Pulls, clearing the cache, and power off and back on. Once I do those things my texting is fine for about an hour and then it starts back. The developer of Textra even sent me a debug version of the app to download so I can send him the data but for some reason it won't install.
I called T-Mobile to see what they could do and they reset me on the network and after about an hour I get the same thing. T-Mobile says they can send me a new phone because of the warranty but I would rather not do that if anyone has any idea what might be causing this. Like I said it on happens when I am not on Wi-Fi. The T-Mobile reception is not very good in my area as I don't have LTE but I have had my phone since November and have not had this issue before until last week. I just don't know what else to do as this is very frustrating. Does anyone have any idea what might fix this or what could be causing this? Any help or input you can give would be great. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I was able to install the Debug Textra App from the developer. I didn't realize that I had to delete the original app first. Tomorrow when I am at work I am going to send him the debug reports when this issue happens and see if he can tell me anything.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited: