Root or Not Root?

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I know right. If only I could make the signal icon red 😵

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Stop complaining lol at least it's showing Lte the best I get is hsdpa+ and not great download speeds, at best 60kbps yup another angry voice lol

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Stop complaining lol at least it's showing Lte the best I get is hsdpa+ and not great download speeds, at best 60kbps yup another angry voice lol

Oh my.. Who do you have?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh my.. Who do you have?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I'm in the fat north of Scotland and it will be many many many years before we will see Lte, I'm currently with EE but will be switching shortly although the speeds will be much the same lol

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

That's all we get here and we haven't had H+ for that long either. AT&T is pretty slow to roll new tech out in rural Alabama. Assuming we get LTE in the same timeframe we got H+, we should have it by 2020.
Back to the original topic of the thread, since I have work exchange email on my phone, it is against company policy to root. Not sure how a rooted phone would be a security risk, but, they make the rules.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Check out this AC article, it has some very good info on rooting: Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central

Myself I root all my Android devices for the following reasons (in order of importance):

1. Use AdAway with the MVPS blocking hosts file (blocks known malicious websites as well as ads)
2. Freeze the OTA updater. I want control over when and IF my system gets an update. I prefer to evaluate updates when they're released (via change logs or others who have installed/reported on it) to see if it's worth updating or not.
3. Gain full control over system to apply any system level modifications if needed. An example of this was with my Verizon Note 2 where for some unknown reason they disabled the following feature and I wanted it back: Re-enable infinite scroll on home screens and app drawer http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...d-infinite-scroll-touch-wiz-home-screens.html

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I will like to get rid of all the non sense apps that come with the phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I will root after the upgrade, I've hear is coming today for the tmo note3, lets see

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I will root after the upgrade, I've hear is coming today for the tmo note3, lets see

Hope you get your update and keep us posted on your experience of rooting :)

WARNING - FLASHING ROMS MAY BECOME ADDICTIVE LOL.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So now that the upgrade finally came, now is time to root... any suggestions? ?

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
To Root or not to ROOT, that is the question? For me I'm still amazed at what these smartphone can do (after 8 years/progress) without Rooting, doing a Leak or Jailbreaking. I've considered it several times, but for ME, the pro's out weigh the con's for NOT Rooting, Jailbreaking or Leak......just my .02 cents

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie