Note 3: T-Mobile OTA KitKat is here!

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: OTA T-Mobile Kit Kat is here!

After you've installed it and ran it for a day or so let us know if everything still functions correctly. I'm concerned with any SD card issues and battery drain issues. Hopefully they got most of the bugs out before the OTA. Mine hasn't arrived for my Note 3 yet. At least I know the rollout has started. :)

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Wow awesome! It's 2:00 AM here on the west coast, just checked my software update setting on my phone and it started downloading the 495.74 MB file which will apparently take upwards of forty minutes? Yikes. I'm on a 18mbs connection. Hmm.

Will update later when it downloads. Exciting though!

Edit:

Screenshots_2014-03-05-03-18-18.jpg

Screenshots_2014-03-05-03-17-28.jpg

Screenshots_2014-03-05-03-16-47.jpg

Kewl.

White notification icons.
Full sreen album art on lockscreen, plus a camera shortcut on lockscreen.
Notification panel is a bit cleaner; pastel color scheme seems to be used (as we see in the GS5's softer blue), and lighter font weight is used.
New stock keyboard running a darker theme.
Everything seems to be running a bit smoother than when on 4.3 Really *really* snappy!
Window animations are now akin to those on Nexus devices (no longer TouchWiz animations).
My Magazine... is nowhere to be found! It is no longer triggered by pressing the home button when on your default homescreen.

Last edited:

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: OTA T-Mobile KitKat is here!

I'm also holding off for now. Too paranoid for my own good maybe, lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005

nra_luke

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Okay well I have a gs4 for T-Mobile and I'm tired of waiting for the update... This post gave me a little bit of false hope.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Bug report: battery drain is annoying. Dies about twice the speed. It's charging about half the speed too. Them there's the writing issue with SD. You can access files but can't write anything to the SD. I think they removed some audio codecs too because some of my music isn't playing. The best part of all is that it will not let me root or flash any other Rom (official or not) on to my now. I filed and insurance claim and am gonna brick this when the refurbished arrives. Hoping the refurb has 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Every time I read about a KitKat upate, I get disturbing results. I'm wondering if the reason Verizon is taking so long to release the update because of it not being completely finished. Also has anyone tried doing the KitKat update, but removing the SD card first? with the Blackberry Lagacy devices this was a must to maintain proper SD functions. I'm not sure I want to upate until ALL the bugs are worked out. My Verizon G'Note3 is running nice and smooth.

pt1911

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I did the update yesterday and it seems to be running much better overall. It is faster and I get better reception.......no joke. One thing I noticed on the battery drain issue, before the update the highest percentage of use was from the display, now after the update my it goes Android System, Android OS, Lookout, THEN Screen.......?

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Bug report: battery drain is annoying. Dies about twice the speed. It's charging about half the speed too. Them there's the writing issue with SD. You can access files but can't write anything to the SD. I think they removed some audio codecs too because some of my music isn't playing. The best part of all is that it will not let me root or flash any other Rom (official or not) on to my now. I filed and insurance claim and am gonna brick this when the refurbished arrives. Hoping the refurb has 4.3.

I noticed my battery draining a little quicker myself... but for the sd card write issue it seems like it's only 3rd party file managers that don't work. If you use the stock file manager that comes with your Note you can write files just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I noticed my battery draining a little quicker myself... but for the sd card write issue it seems like it's only 3rd party file managers that don't work. If you use the stock file manager that comes with your Note you can write files just fine.

I just ordered a replacement. T-Mobile said it will have 4.3. I can't do my phone dying in 6 hours. I work 12 hours a day.

HomeyDClause

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

After the update to KitKat 4.4 the "home" button on N900T no longer working with Spigen Slim Armor View. The home button used to work when the view cover was closed; however, it does not work with the cover closed since the update was applied.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

Insurance fraud is a felony in the US.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

For me the battery is draining faster than before. I just went over the settings and everything looks ok however is draining faster.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site

For me the battery is draining faster than before. I just went over the settings and everything looks ok however is draining faster.

I had the same problem. Shutting down the phone, removing and replacing battery and then restarting the phone helped me. Now I get better battery life than before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2