egubydar.jpg

ha3e4u7e.jpg

7are5yru.jpg

ute5ydu4.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Under 2.5 hrs of screen on time seems fairly poor, but I can't tell from those stats why it might be that way. It looks like your cell signal is usually fine, so poor signal would be causing drain. I don't see any intensive gaming being done. Are you running stock Android?

mactruck

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Under 2.5 hrs of screen on time seems fairly poor, but I can't tell from those stats why it might be that way. It looks like your cell signal is usually fine, so poor signal would be causing drain. I don't see any intensive gaming being done. Are you running stock Android?

I'm using GEL which I assume causes some battery drain.
I read on here about nonstock wallpaper so I use a wallpaper that is available on the phone already.
My signal does get poor sometimes here at work, but not terrible. I maintain LTE 99.9% of the time.
For this test, I had my brightness all the way down.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you also modify it to be always listening for "Ok Google"? That might drain the battery a little faster.

Have you tried going back to TouchWiz, or perhaps trying some other launcher like Nova?

mactruck

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll try switching back to action launcher and do another test. I assumed GEL was the issue, but never saw it pop up. Makes sense it caused the screen issue.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is definitely a cause of the battery drain. You're awake time was over 5 hrs but screen on was only 2.5

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cootiesboy

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Give us the screen shot "view time held awake" If it's some 3rd party app that's keeping your device awake then just delete it and then reinstall it to see if the battery gets better or just leave it uninstall. If it's an app that came with the device, try restarting the phone to see if the battery gets better.
Btw, your signal is fine because i had worse signals then you from time to time but my battery on drop a few percent when I don't use it.

mactruck

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This is from overnight. I put it down at 95% and woke up to it being 85%. My signal at home seems terrible.

qe2anery.jpg

8uhuvagy.jpg

u7apetym.jpg

Android OS is holding it. Ideas why?

cootiesboy

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Turn off wifi when you don't use it. I don't know about the kernel though. It keeps my phone awake too but my battery isn't as bad as yours

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you also modify it to be always listening for "Ok Google"? That might drain the battery a little faster.

Have you tried going back to TouchWiz, or perhaps trying some other launcher like Nova?

Always listening should not impact battery life in a substantial way, at least not s voice. I have tried enabling and disabling it and didn't notice much difference.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro