How can you change the Touch Wiz Grid size from 4x4 to 5x5 in order to display more icons?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How can you change the Touch Wiz Grid size from 4x4 to 5x5 in order to display more icons? Is there a way to change the icon grid size? The Applications menu is a 5x5 grid but I could not find out how to change the Home Screen grid size.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is possible on the stock launcher. Third party launchers like Nova can do it though

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is possible on the stock launcher. Third party launchers like Nova can do it though

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
That seems odd because the Galaxy Note1 Touch Wiz has a 5x5 grid.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You couldn't on the Note 2, and I don't think you can on the Note 3. That's what made me switch to Nova in the first place.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll look at Nova Prime and Go Launcher Next 3D they seem to have a lot of icons and home pages to add. Not sure about the widgets though that may be limited.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Although Nova Prime is very strong, Next Launcher 3D Shell seems to be in the top 3-4 Launchers and have some extra features. I will try Next 3D first and will probably buy Nova as well.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Both launchers have a free trial, so you can try them each out with no risk.

I personally tried all of the popular ones and decided on Nova Prime because it had the most features that I liked and a lot of third party support. I thought Next Launcher #D was ok, but the 3d stuff seemed like kind of a gimmick to me. I felt the 3d stuff would get boring after a while. It was also somewhat choppier and less responsive. YMMV

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Both launchers have a free trial, so you can try them each out with no risk.

I personally tried all of the popular ones and decided on Nova Prime because it had the most features that I liked and a lot of third party support. I thought Next Launcher #D was ok, but the 3d stuff seemed like kind of a gimmick to me. I felt the 3d stuff would get boring after a while. It was also somewhat choppier and less responsive. YMMV
Sounds good, Thanks for your insight.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I would love to do this as well because I like the bigger grid but my problem is I like the stock weather/clock widget and unfortunately that doesn't seem to be available with the difference launchers.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Being able to get more icons on the screen was the only reason I installed Nova.

I thought it was stupid that the Note 3 had such a large screen but very few icons.

I have a 6x6 grid and 7 on the bottom.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not only that, if you look on the App and Widgets screen the App Icons are 5x5. So I'm not sure what's up with TouchWiz?

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted you can flash this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2607160

I also prefer the stock TW and wanted 5x5 or more. It may only be for the Verizon No though. I flashed it this morning.

ady3aje5.jpg

sent from tapatalk....probably while pooping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol