After so many years of iOS, I switched back to Android

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Been debating on switching for a while now and finally did yesterday. My last Android was a DROID X by Motorola which had Android 2.2 which wasn't bad but the software was laggy.
Jumped ship from iPhone 5 to this att note 3. Obviously, I'm really excited and I feel like there is so much that this phablet offers.
The only gripe so far is the camera (low light) but everything else is amazing.
I feel so empowered now! Multitasking, wacom digitizer, great screen, etc... This just feels like a beast! Anyways, I hope to contribute to this forum and thanks for reading!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: After so many years if ios, I switched

Hello,

Been debating on switching for a while now and finally did yesterday. My last Android was a DROID X by Motorola which had Android 2.2 which wasn't bad but the software was laggy.
Jumped ship from iPhone 5 to this att note 3. Obviously, I'm really excited and I feel like there is so much that this phablet offers.
The only gripe so far is the camera (low light) but everything else is amazing.
I feel so empowered now! Multitasking, wacom digitizer, great screen, etc... This just feels like a beast! Anyways, I hope to contribute to this forum and thanks for reading!

Welcome back to Android!

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back !!! Note 3 was a good choice !!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying out Android again myself. Not that there was anything wrong with my iOS experience. I really like Apple products, but I always get this feeling that Google offers more. Actually, every time that I have left iOS and gone to Android, it has never been because I had an issue with my iDevice. It has been because I have been so intrigued with what Google has been doing. To the OP, good choice on the Note 3. I had it and I thought it was a really solid smartphone.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying out Android again myself. Not that there was anything wrong with my iOS experience. I really like Apple products, but I always get this feeling that Google offers more. Actually, every time that I have left iOS and gone to Android, it has never been because I had an issue with my iDevice. It has been because I have been so intrigued with what Google has been doing. To the OP, good choice on the Note 3. I had it and I thought it was a really solid smartphone.

I'm with you bud. I really don't have any issues with idevices ( I own a macbook, ipad and an apple tv) but I'm a tech junkie and it seems like Android has a lot more to offer. The note 3, in my mind, is a higher tier in the android world because of the s pen.

I'm learning a lot already and the s pen is amazing!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Welcome

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Android Central Welcomes you and you made a good choice in the Note 3. Yes Apple does make great products and the iPhone in particular is of great design and build.

That said it's restrictive and that's my only real gripe to be fair.

Posted via Android Central App

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I just bought a note 3 but have to wait till Tuesday before it arrives😣. I'm such an impatient person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central and back to the Android platform. I'm luving the Note3 myself....ENJOY

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I just bought a note 3 but have to wait till Tuesday before it arrives��. I'm such an impatient person!

Hey, don't I know you...SMILE. Congrats on getting the Note3....ENJOY

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Hey, don't I know you...SMILE. Congrats on getting the Note3....ENJOY

Thanks and yea I frequent iMore daily so i see you a lot. I have a feeling I'm going to love the note 3 but I still plan on keeping my 5s.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks and yea I frequent iMore daily so i see you a lot. I have a feeling I'm going to love the note 3 but I still plan on keeping my 5s.

Yea, thats exactly what I did. I kept my 5s and also purchased the Note3 ...BEST of both worlds......SMILE

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I think at least 50% of droid x owners went to the iPhone after. Ha. Never again, Motorola

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back! Good choice! I've had mine for about two months now and have only recently begun to discover the potential. Now that Evernote supports SPen input the Note 3 is that much better. My use is 40% business, 20% music, 30% gaming and the rest just random crap.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back mate. Can you tell us what you did and didn't appreciate about iOS and or things you do or do not like about Android?

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Welcome back mate. Can you tell us what you did and didn't appreciate about iOS and or things you do or do not like about Android?

I liked ios security and stability but I couldn't handle the small static grid icons anymore. I have an ipad as well so it just felt the same; boring.

With Android, there are far more options and functions than ios. I know I will lose security features but as long as you play it smart you should be ok.

I do like the design of the iPhone 5(s) and their camera but the s pen and integrated functions make the Note 3 top notch.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

You like it. You love it. You just needed more of it.....customization that is!! Welcome!

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Welcome - I also regularly hop back and forth between a bundle of devices, but I'm loving my Note 3 at the moment. It's a great productivity device and excellent for media consumption and gaming. Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar