Uk Note 3: Battery barely lasts a day

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I've got a uk note 3, and the past month or so the battery life doesn't seem to be that good, read about most guys on here can get over a day without any problem, but for some strange reason I barely make it the full day. The only thing I do is go on Facebook every so often and whatsapp and that's about it. This morning, I unplugged my phone around 9am and went on Facebook for a few mins and it dropped by 2percent.

Planning to buy a aftermarket battery with a bigger mah to see how it goes, but don't want to change my back cover so I can for the battery. Any suggestions what I should do?

Last edited by a moderator:

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Uk note 3 barely last a day

Investigate. Signal strength, screen time and an app doing a lot of background services and/or hung up are the three biggest battery hogs I've seen in the forums. Go to your battery stats and see if something is using a lot of battery. Screen will usually be the highest. Also if you select the chart it will bring up signal, awake time, gps and a couple more so you can get an idea of any issues. Search the forums. There are many battery threads with many suggestions.

Posted via Android Central App

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

I'd you have a weak data signal you use more battery in addition to running a little hot. Is your phone ever hot?

Sent from my BEAST Note 3 using Tapatalk

Jaza85

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

I rooted my Note 3 for this reason.....now getting on average 17 hours AWAKE time as opposed to the 7-8 hours before rooting.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Install GSAM Battery monitor and Wakelock detector, let your phone run unplugged until a low battery, and see what causes this.

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Just a quick update guys.

I manage to pick up a genuine Samsung battery last week and so far I've not notice any changes.
I unplugged the phone at 9 today and at 16.00 it's sitting at 58% surely the there's something draining the battery. image.jpg

waz ahmer

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry to here but I'm on 11 hours of heavy use still have 54% juice left and that's 1/4 brightness level

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You can take screenshots of all your settings pages, just wipe over any personal account email and IMEI number.

Last edited:

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys... I gave up in the end and decided to factory reset my phone. And now the battery is lasting around a day and a half. Very pleased. Thank you guys ever so much

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
You phone dropping 2% when taking it off charge is normal to me.. Mine does that without using it sometimes. Just means if you let it drop to 1% it lasts longer then

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Just a quick update guys.

I manage to pick up a genuine Samsung battery last week and so far I've not notice any changes.
I unplugged the phone at 9 today and at 16.00 it's sitting at 58% surely the there's something draining the battery. View attachment 108416

You think that's bad? it's not if you are using it Abit

Borss

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Usually clearing the ram and or restarting helps batteries. Android runs an absurd amount of background tasks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2