Note 3 battery life subpar compared to my Note 2

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
One thing iv'e noticed in just the few days i've had my Note 3 with Kit Kat is the subpar battery life compared to my Note 2 when it was brand new on 4.1. I was able to go 24 hours and still hover around the 50-60% range but my Note 3 with just a few basic apps goes down to the 20-30% range, even with minimal texting and screen usage.

I have no strange apps running on the phone and the GSMA app is showing the android operating system as the main application battery hog. I've tried taking out the battery entirely and putting it back in since Kit Kat and really no improvement. I have only wireless, air view, screen rotation and sync every hour enabled, everything else is turned off. The phone is only 3 day old.

What gives here?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I would not be surprised if the background sync or other android system activities are eating up battery.

You may want to try turning off any data connection whenever possible, and turn off background sync.

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Give it a couple weeks - I didn't start getting stellar battery life until a few weeks in.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app