Galaxy Note 3: Batteries performing different?

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I read a lot of threads about battery life and it certainly varies so I thought I'd pass along an observation and see if anyone else has noticed this. I have my original battery that came with my N3 from VZW and the battery life has usually been very satisfactory. I moved from an iPhone 4S which was horrible so to be able to easily get through even a heavy day was great. I had noticed over the last month or so that it seemed to drain a bit quicker during the day but just put it down to heavier use and the fact that I really don't bother to try and conserve power anyway - lots of widgets, live wallpaper, notifications on the lock screen so it lights up all the time etc. My normal pattern is charge overnight, use all day and usually end up between 10%-30% at night when it goes back on the charger.

I picked up a spare battery and charger kit from the Samsung site with the 50% coupon they sent us and had swapped batteries a few times when it was convenient. I swapped batteries this weekend on Saturday morning because I forgot to put it in the charging dock the night before and was surprised that even though it was a slightly lighter day I was only at 75% that night. I continued to use the phone over the weekend without charging and ended up at 10% this morning after 44 hours. I checked and found that the battery in the phone was the spare and just subjectively from this last cycle it seemed to perform noticeably better than the one that came with the phone. Way to early to come to a conclusion but I plan on tracking both over the next few weeks and see if there really is a significant difference.

Anyone out there with multiple batteries noticed a difference in battery life?

Last edited by a moderator:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Batteries performing different?

Well your old battery is several months old, it's hard to compare them.

Keep tracking battery performance is a good idea though.

@T-Mobile GN3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I have been rotating 5 batteries since the beginning so I have not noticed anything. I don't ever charge my phone,, just pop a new battery in when necessary.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

When you bought the batteries did you get them from Samsung. Did they come with a extra plastic holder for the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

When you bought the batteries did you get them from Samsung. Did they come with a extra plastic holder for the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I got my backup from Samsung and it came with the white charger box: Galaxy Note 3 Spare Battery Charging System

The batteries do have slightly different part numbers - the original: D800BZ ("Cell from Korea, Manufactured in China") and the backup: B800BU (just says "Made on Korea" - no mention of China).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair