Note 3: What have you done to Android Google?!

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Why in the hell is Android eating up nearly half my battery life with kit Kat?? What have you done to my new Note 3 Google? It's 3 days old! My Note 2 and 1 ran and lasted longer then this!

B9jT34N.png

0k4eg9H.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: What have you done to Android Google?!

Wow that sucks, mine takes around 13%

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Factory reset then?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Done that, no help

How long did you use the phone after wiping the cache partition before deciding it didn't help? You probably want to wait for a whole battery charge cycle to see what it does to the battery stats. Checking immediately after the cache wipe won't give the system enough to equilibrate.

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you on Kit Kat?

Yes

Factory reset then?

Same result with two note 3s with t mobile

How long did you use the phone after wiping the cache partition before deciding it didn't help? You probably want to wait for a whole battery charge cycle to see what it does to the battery stats. Checking immediately after the cache wipe won't give the system enough to equilibrate.

Did that and has done this on two new note 3s

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a lot of these posts with really high Android OS (40% and higher) are T mobile phones. Mine is at 14-18% which is about 6-8% higher but never over 20%, I'm on Sprint. I'm wondering if there is something about T mobile's tweaking the OS that is doing it for those folks. Just a thought.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Did you reboot? Sometimes android is doing things in the background. Did you recently add an SD card?

Several times on both phones. A-Data SD card was installed from day one as my whole life is on that card.

Install autostarts to disable the applications to auto start

Huh?

I've noticed a lot of these posts with really high Android OS (40% and higher) are T mobile phones. Mine is at 14-18% which is about 6-8% higher but never over 20%, I'm on Sprint. I'm wondering if there is something about T mobile's tweaking the OS that is doing it for those folks. Just a thought.

Note 3's across all carriers are having the issue apparently, the XDA forums are utterly freaking out about it.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Several times on both phones. A-Data SD card was installed from day one as my whole life is on that card.

Huh?

Note 3's across all carriers are having the issue apparently, the XDA forums are utterly freaking out about it.

I'm not having any problems on a Sprint note 3, had it since early November and have been on kitkat since first day it released on Sprint, I did notice what I believe to be the camera daemon bug appear one time, but a reboot fixed it, I wonder if that could be your problem, I've read that Skype can cause that bug to rare it's ugly head.

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not having any problems on a Sprint note 3, had it since early November and have been on kitkat since first day it released on Sprint, I did notice what I believe to be the camera daemon bug appear one time, but a reboot fixed it, I wonder if that could be your problem, I've read that Skype can cause that bug to rare it's ugly head.

Skype is not installed

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Almost everytime I open up a thread about negativity (9 out of 10)....KITKAT is involved somehow, someway. Makes me wonder when Verizon finally does release KitKat (Note3) should I even bother updating......Hummmm

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Almost everytime I open up a thread about negativity (9 out of 10)....KITKAT is involved somehow, someway. Makes me wonder when Verizon finally does release KitKat (Note3) should I even bother updating......Hummmm

would do it again or not?, here are my observations on sprint.
1. Battery life equal
2. Snappier all around
3. Google wallet tap & pay, Sprint YMMV
4. Can use the anti shake setting on the camera without the "processing " delay
5. better RAM management.

Negitives, for me anyway
1. Ext SD card support with third party apps.
2. Camera daemon bug (I believe this happened to me one time)
3. A couple of times, when I received a call while screen was off, it took two + rings before the screen came up, I never had this happen under JB that I remember.

Understand that this is MY list, things I've noticed on my phone with my use.

I like the look of kitkat, I run Nova Prime so can't speak of any TouchWiz changes, as for SD card support, I can still move files with the native file browser, extra step, no big deal really.
I guess at this point I would probably do it again, but I wouldn't feel cheated with JB, I feel like it's still an update or two from being very good

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure plenty of Verizon Note3 owners will give the Pro's and Con's when KitKat is released by Verizon, and that's when the real FUN begins for my Note3. That's when the decision to update or not gets SERIOUS.....SMILE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae