Samsung Galaxy Note 3 the almighty One.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I will admit that for some unexplainable reason, I am not really all that informed on the major points of KitKat. Can someone just hit the highlights here. I did read where it improved on this whole wifi issue but what else of note?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I will admit that for some unexplainable reason, I am not really all that informed on the major points of KitKat. Can someone just hit the highlights here. I did read where it improved on this whole wifi issue but what else of note?

I went BIG but still had to go home! :)

4.4.2 is NOT that big of an issue. It does make your notification icons at the top all white, stops the internet unstable message, can make either the stock messaging app or Google Hangouts the default messaging app, and puts a bunch of stuff under the hood that we can't see. Although it does make the phone a little smoother, but that's mostly a placebo effect IMHO and that's about it.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have it either as mentioned but seems the bigger issue is with apps acccessing SD cards. Jerry Hildenbrand put an article out maybe 2 days ago "KitKat and SD......."
Just seems some apps won't work until many are updated for KK, and/or Google/Samsung update further. Plus there are storage concerns
I'm in a muddle about it and didn't want to know, like an ostrich head, so others know far more.
I may have to do it now for the wifi fix.

*Plus I have seen and played with it
on the new Sam tablet range in stores and as said nothing special and I currently prefer the old look.*

"All in the Best Possible Taste" via my Note 3 on AC's app

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I like my Note 3 more than my last phone.

I wouldn't sneak away to a weekend hideaway with it though.

Some of you, just get a room with it and release that passion.

Honestly!

:)

Sent from my N9005, a device I use.

Don't you know we are all geeeeeks here lol just watch Big Bang Theory and you will get the picture lol

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is for me the almighty One and by that I mean it covers quite alot, from media, gaming, work related note taking and other things, fun sketches, photo, email, multi-tasking, and that's why it gets the title. It's not without its niggles but overall Samsung got it right.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1394830276915.jpg
    1394830276915.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 1394830408921.jpg
    1394830408921.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1394830579464.jpg
    1394830579464.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 39

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't you know we are all geeeeeks here lol just watch Big Bang Theory and you will get the picture lol

If there's one thing you need to know about me:
I am 54, didn’t have BBC in Ireland (except in Dublin, but not my Cork) when I was growing up so I missed MASH until 10 years later. Then that was the best comedy series ever and could never be surpassed (then). (I drove Alan Alda around London for a full day around 1997)
Meantime Fawlty Towers/ Blackadder / The Fast Show did well in my book.
In my thirties a silly American show was running about some silly spoilt New Yorkers that I skipped for 3 years.
I watched it once, then never stopped, never missed a repeat, Friends was THE best ever (then).
US 'Sportsnight' showed on Freeview for 2 years in the afternoons. That took the mantle briefly.
Another afternoon showing began in about 2002 of '8 simple rules... daughter.' Not the very best but starred the late great John Ritter, who died suddenly during a season. Red haired Amy Davidson who was actually 6 years older, played the younger sister of: Kaley Cuoco.
David Spade and an older James Garner (Rockford Files - you're too young :)) filled the gap for a year or two following the sad death.
Not being an old perv, but I followed when I heard Kaley Cuoco was in a new show some 2-4? years later.
This has NOW become my greatest written / acted/ characterized / set comedy series and can NEVER be surpassed, for now:)
'The Big Bang Theory ' da-daaa!

I followed the Roseanne (Barr) comedy series in the 80''s and a few greats re-appear here. Sheldon's mum; Sarah Gilbert the curly bespectacled early girlfriend "call me!" used to play the sister in Roseanne of Johnny Galecki, the lynchpin of the Big Bang.
Jim Parsons, apart from winning 2 consecutive Emmy's for Sheldon, was voted the best 'physical' comedy actor since I think it was the Marx Brothers, I could be wrong. **No, it was Charlie Chaplin!**

I occasionally quoted lines from the show on AC before you joined. "My mother had me tested" etc.

I would fight you for the claim of its biggest fan. LOL.

Of course a lot of geeks here, so a lot of fans, but essentially because of the clothes, the themes the writers and the characters, it appeals to and
covers all recent generations.

Yes, I have heard of that show. :)

Last edited:

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
If there's one thing you need to know about me:
I am 54, didn?t have BBC in Ireland (except in Dublin, but not my Cork) when I was growing up so I missed MASH until 10 years later. Then that was the best comedy series ever and could never be surpassed (then). (I drove Alan Alda around London for a full day around 1997)
Meantime Fawlty Towers/ Blackadder / The Fast Show did well in my book.
In my thirties a silly American show was running about some silly spoilt New Yorkers that I skipped for 3 years.
I watched it once, then never stopped, never missed a repeat, Friends was THE best ever (then).
US 'Sportsnight' showed on Freeview for 2 years in the afternoons. That took the mantle briefly.
Another afternoon showing began in about 2002 of '8 simple rules... daughter.' Not the very best but starred the late great John Ritter, who died suddenly during a season. Red haired Amy Davidson who was actually 6 years older, played the younger sister of: Kaley Cuoco.
David Spade and an older James Garner (Rockford Files - you're too young :)) filled the gap for a year or two following the sad death.
Not being an old perv, but I followed when I heard Kaley Cuoco was in a new show some 2-4? years later.
This has NOW become my greatest written / acted/ characterized / set comedy series and can NEVER be surpassed, for now:)
'The Big Bang Theory ' da-daaa!

I followed the Roseanne (Barr) comedy series in the 80''s and a few greats re-appear here. Sheldon's mum; Sarah Gilbert the curly bespectacled early girlfriend "call me!" used to play the sister in Roseanne of Johnny Galecki, the lynchpin of the Big Bang.
Jim Parsons, apart from winning 2 consecutive Emmy's for Sheldon, was voted the best 'physical' comedy actor since I think it was the Marx Brothers, I could be wrong.

I occasionally quoted lines from the show on AC before you joined. "My mother had me tested" etc.

I would fight you for the claim of its biggest fan. LOL.

Of course a lot of geeks here, so a lot of fans, but essentially because of the clothes, the themes the writers and the characters, it appeals to and
covers all recent generations.

Yes, I have heard of that show. :)

Well well the same great taste in comedy I see but yes I will fight you for that title matey lol

Big Bang Theory is so well written and acted it's quite sublime and to incorporate and capture that very essence is warming, I love it as I relate and see it as real (Yeh that might seem weird) but it's just that we'll done I can watch it and I'm comforted by it, it provides intelligent facts with the best humour I have seen in a comedy.

But glad to see all ages appreciating such a great show.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is not the new Messiah. It's not the new religion. Some people have been going WAY over. Not necessarily any on this thread, though it started in that theme.
I'm seeing it too much.

'S all I was saying.

Chill, people!

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is not the new Messiah. It's not the new religion. Some people have been going WAY over. Not necessarily any on this thread, though it started in that theme.
I'm seeing it too much.

'S all I was saying.

Chill, people!

It's only a phone right lol :p

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm a veteran Samsung Note series owner who's now the proud daddy of a a new sexa black Note 3 after switching to T-Mobile from AT&T last night. Was a Verizon customer for many years way back but after finding out they were never gonna get the Note 1 that I had to absolutely have to have, I ditched em and went to AT&T in my home state and freaking fell in love with the Note series, never missed my Droid X ever again after that.

Lost my Note 1 to a bathtub screw up *still cringe in dreams* and with no insurance, had to pay a chunk to get a new plan and Note 2 with AT&T, and all was good.

Until I moved last year and my Note 2 started to act up with RIGHT AFTER the warranty ended and I cancelled my square trade warranty during my moving chaos *sigh.....* Neither Samsung nor AT&T would help me even though it was less then a month past warranty. AT&T then started to really tick me off with billing and costs and just flat out rude store workers.

Been hearing about T-mobiles shaking things up in the industry and mostly for good reasons. Old homestate didnt' have any coverage but my new town of Seattle has got plenty of pink out here, so after thinking about it, I went and did my research, saw their deal about paying off AT&T cancel fee's and with my Note 2 getting worse each week, I decided to go for it.

Being a good boy got a lovely 32gig Note 3 with no money up front and my new job nets me a 15% discount on my bill so I added Jump! in case I have to have the Note 4 right away and I get insurance on top of it I'm now on da pink side with my black and i'm loving it!! After having 2 white notes, and really not liking that strange "diamond mesh" pattern on the Note 3's white, I went for the professional brushed black.

What I am NOT HAPPY with at all is how much KitKat has royally borked up my battery life and wifi.

6lU4hbt.jpg

JSlL3rV.jpg

I'm seeing it too much.

url-17.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm a veteran Samsung Note series owner who's now the proud daddy of a a new sexa black Note 3 after switching to T-Mobile from AT&T last night. Was a Verizon customer for many years way back but after finding out they were never gonna get the Note 1 that I had to absolutely have to have, I ditched em and went to AT&T in my home state and freaking fell in love with the Note series, never missed my Droid X ever again after that.

Lost my Note 1 to a bathtub screw up *still cringe in dreams* and with no insurance, had to pay a chunk to get a new plan and Note 2 with AT&T, and all was good.

Until I moved last year and my Note 2 started to act up with RIGHT AFTER the warranty ended and I cancelled my square trade warranty during my moving chaos *sigh.....* Neither Samsung nor AT&T would help me even though it was less then a month past warranty. AT&T then started to really tick me off with billing and costs and just flat out rude store workers.

Been hearing about T-mobiles shaking things up in the industry and mostly for good reasons. Old homestate didnt' have any coverage but my new town of Seattle has got plenty of pink out here, so after thinking about it, I went and did my research, saw their deal about paying off AT&T cancel fee's and with my Note 2 getting worse each week, I decided to go for it.

Being a good boy got a lovely 32gig Note 3 with no money up front and my new job nets me a 15% discount on my bill so I added Jump! in case I have to have the Note 4 right away and I get insurance on top of it I'm now on da pink side with my black and i'm loving it!! After having 2 white notes, and really not liking that strange "diamond mesh" pattern on the Note 3's white, I went for the professional brushed black.

What I am NOT HAPPY with at all is how much KitKat has royally borked up my battery life and wifi.

http://i.imgur.com/6lU4hbt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JSlL3rV.jpg

I remember seeing a bit of that story in another thread.

I saw T-Mobile are offering great buy-out incentives. I don't know how their coverage and service compares over there in the big US, but people seem happy with the deals.

I bid twice on eBay for 2 different black Note 3's. (factory sealed, region locked). I lost out on both at over ?480.00. 2 days later I put an early low bid on another proper one (sealed, ex Amazon direct). I won it at a low ?450. Only then I realised it was a white one. I was going to re-sell it but I'm now very happy with it. I have it in a black Terrapin flip case though!

You wind people up on other threads, Hoth Tron, but maybe you're alright.

Now turn Cary off on my screen. :mad:

Tony.

Attachments

• 20140315_012035.jpg
    20140315_012035.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 34

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The one main complaint I've had with the Note 3 is its touch sensitivity. I'm not sure if my fingers are either too dry and rough or if it's the Note 3 itself, but I've noticed when I go to launch an app, sometimes it thinks that I'm trying to flip the page and I get sent to the next page of apps. It can be quite frustrating at times. The other issue that's irritated me is the stock keyboard's predictive text/dictionary. For some reason it will try to correct a time entry, 10pm becomes 11pm for instance, or it doesn't like contractions to indicate possession for a proper noun, it'll try to correct "Steve's book" to "Steve ' s book" for some reason.

Biggest gripes aside, I love the power management of this phone. It discharges during regular use like a fat person's metabolism on a fat cell, but then recharges like you're using Zeus' own lightning bolts on it.

sonic1519

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Will admit the Note3 is a very good phone. I'm still in a learning curve coming over from apple. even had a short period with the nokia lumia windows phones the 920 and 1520 both nice phones and very under rated but thats another subject. Really the only thing that bugs me is i wish the back button and the other settings button where placed somewhere else it's to easy to hit them and thats a pain. But imho the note3 is a super phone but like i said once you learn your way around android it gets better. that and i wish i could find the perfect case. already bought 3. I bought the charging back cover for wireless charging but know i can't find a case that fits right. anyway sorry to ramble like the phone.............................

Connie Litrenta

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I went BIG but still had to go home! :)

4.4.2 is NOT that big of an issue. It does make your notification icons at the top all white, stops the internet unstable message, can make either the stock messaging app or Google Hangouts the default messaging app, and puts a bunch of stuff under the hood that we can't see. Although it does make the phone a little smoother, but that's mostly a placebo effect IMHO and that's about it.

I'm not sure what I would think of that whole white notification thing. I like a little color in my notifications. If they're all white, how do you tell them apart with a quick glance?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Might as well throw in my response here too since I'm replying about the spam posting haha.

Switched from an iPhone 4S in Sept. to the Note 3. I wasn't concerned with the size difference - it took all of a few mins to adjust :) haha.

I love the battery life I get with the note. Yesterday for example I had it off the charger for 18.5hrs and 8.5hrs of that was screen on time - and I still had 10% battery left when I was heading to bed. My iPhone 4S wouldn't even come CLOSE to even half of that. It's so nice not having to worry about "will my battery last" or figuring out if I have a charger in my car or purse etc if I go somewhere that I can charge it for a while (which is what I did with my iphone).

The camera I was initially disappointed in, as I think the iPhone is a great point and shoot type of phone ...and so when I switched most of my photos were coming out blurry and just cr@p really. Now, I have gotten the hang of photo taking, and I like all the different modes I can choose between. I still have some learning to do - but 7 months with the phone I think my photos are pretty good now! Oh, and I love the feature of taking photos whilst recording video.

S-pen, this was one of the one main reasons for me getting the phone. I use it a lot for writing lists, copying down people's info., sketching out ideas, etc. I LOVE (sadly, lol) that my fianc? and I can go shopping together and send the shopping list back and forth - marking whose got what - and therefore speeding up the time in store!

Multi window - I haven't used this as much as I should, my fianc? uses it ALL the time and loves it. I do like having the option though. But, I also find it really easy when long pressing the home page switching back and forth between different apps/websites so I can multitask.

I love having the sd card slot to save the hoards of photos I take. My iPhone (especially after 2 yrs with it) was out of space and I was constantly having to delete things to take more photos - which I don't like to do. I don't mind having a backup of my photos elsewhere but I also like to have as much as I can on my phone (sd card in my phone) with me at all times. I haven't gotten kitkat yet (Verizon) but I only use the stock camera app for the most part and that's generally all I'll use my sd card for so I'm not as worried about that as others are.

That's all my rambling mind can think of right now!

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App