03-15-2014 07:42 PM
33 12
tools
    There is something wrong. I have the Note 3 and I am getting way better battery life.

You do need to condition batteries. You should charge them full and use to empty whenever possible.
    At least once a month. I charge mine full and leave it on charger for about an hour after it says its full.
    Then I used the phone until it is between 0 and 8% and charge back full again plus that extra hour.

I run my screen at 90% brightness, no auto bright, have 8 email accts and have Everything turned on and I am logged into like 20 things on the phone.
    facebook, G+, one drive, google drive, AT&T photo back up, AT&T bill pay app, visual vm, samsung hub and more.
    03-15-2014 12:22 AM
    There is something wrong. I have the Note 3 and I am getting way better battery life.

You do need to condition batteries. You should charge them full and use to empty whenever possible.
    At least once a month. I charge mine full and leave it on charger for about an hour after it says its full.
    Then I used the phone until it is between 0 and 8% and charge back full again plus that extra hour.

I run my screen at 90% brightness, no auto bright, have 8 email accts and have Everything turned on and I am logged into like 20 things on the phone.
    facebook, G+, one drive, google drive, AT&T photo back up, AT&T bill pay app, visual vm, samsung hub and more.
    With modern battery technology this is not necessary. It's also not going to hurt anything, though.
    UJ95x likes this.
    03-15-2014 01:33 AM

As said, this is not correct at all. Don't drain battery.
    See @rusty502's tips in later posts in the other recent thread: "USB 3 Charging: Faster, how much faster..... "

"All in the Best Possible Taste" via my Note 3 on AC's app
    03-15-2014 03:11 AM
    Oh, OK. It was in the same post in which you quoted me

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    LOL, yeah my bad!
    03-15-2014 12:31 PM
    its funny you say its better than the Iphone with everything turned off.. I have ALL of the features turned off on the iphone and I average 4 hours usage
    03-15-2014 05:39 PM
    For the size of your battery it is reasonable. 3200MAh and a 5.7" screen. I have a Tab 3 7.0 LTE (same chips as a Mega) with a 4000MAh battery, and the worst case screen time is about six hours. In deference to the Snapdragon 800 I would say 5-6 hours of web or over 4 hours of games would be pretty nice.

I have seen the G Flex having 3600MAh battery and much higher endurance than a Note 3 in GFXbench, but it only has a 720p flexible plastic OLED screen. And an inferior camera, easily. So I think you're doing well compared to say Nexus 5 battery life.
    03-15-2014 06:20 PM
    I have noticed that turning off Google location service improves the battery life significantly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    03-15-2014 06:21 PM
    Yes, I do. I've seen 8+ hours of screen time on that 5.7 inch, 1080p screen

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    I can absolutely believe this. It just depends largely on what the screen is displaying and what you're doing with the phone - sucking down netflix for example is likely to eat battery more quickly than email, calendars, and texting.

I have been nothing but impressed with the battery life on my Note 3 - I generally unplug at 7:30 AM and am still in the 30-40 range around 11:30 when I'm about ready to plug back in - some days more, some less. It really depends on what I'm doing on a given day.

Also a factor - repeated signal switching. If you're phone is constantly searching for an LTE connection and/or switching into and out of one, that can chew up your battery.

So the OP needs to evaluate his/her activities and see if the battery usage seems high or not. It could be a bad battery, or it could be related to usage profile.
    UJ95x likes this.
    03-15-2014 07:42 PM
33 12