Note 3: What are people actually using the S Pen for?

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Note 3 since it came out and love it but haven't really used the S Pen much. What are people who use it actually using it for? Any suggested apps?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Suertetres

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: What are people actually using the S Pen for?

I am just now starting to use it. It's easy to take a screen shot and for some reason using swipe is just awesome. The ability to write on a screen shot comes in handy sometimes

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I use it to draw. I bought the Intuos tablet last week and it doesn't come close to my Note 3 and S-pen. Powerful tool.

Evernote just released an update and now I'm using the S-pen with it too. Love it! :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

I am just now starting to use it. It's easy to take a screen shot and for some reason using swipe is just awesome. The ability to write on a screen shot comes in handy sometimes

What app do you use to write on screenshots with?

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

No need to download an app, it's built into the phone. Open up air command and select screen write.

Sent from my Death Note

Aha! Thank you, I just got my Note 3 a few days ago and was generally uninterested with the S pen functions (upgraded from a GS3 for the added screen real estate).

amcjavelinsst

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gees I write all my SMS with it
Navigate Web pages & select those Small icons for forum pages etc
I hardly use the keyboard at all

Sent from my GT-N7105T using AC Forums mobile app

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

To get to those hard to reach boogies..... :p

Lets see, I've used them to take down last minute notes, when i'm on the phone and the person on the other end wants to give me some information, and I also have a handwriting app that converts my handwriting to text.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Didn't realize it did that. Thanks!

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

What is the advantage of Papyrus over the Action Memo and S Note that comes with the Note 3?

JordanN9005

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

To get to those hard to reach boogies..... :p

Lets see, I've used them to take down last minute notes, when i'm on the phone and the person on the other end wants to give me some information, and I also have a handwriting app that converts my handwriting to text.

What is the app called please?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005)

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Writing on screen shots, sketching, taking quick notes, drop down menus on Web pages. I've been using it more and more lately.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I use mine for the Note 3 I'm not sure any other device is compatible lol.

Seriously though mainly action memo and taking numbers and link to action, Web browsing. The rest of the time it's holsterd.

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

My wife uses the S Pen for gaming, especially Candy Crush, Hayday, Farm Rescue Saga, and Pet Rescue. She likes the precision the S Pen brings. I use the S Pen for mainly S Notes and Action Memo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

What is the advantage of Papyrus over the Action Memo and S Note that comes with the Note 3?
I'm wondering about this too. I've heard Papyrus is great, but requires a lot of iap to make it really useful. Is that the case and if so, is it better than the Samsung apps we have for the Note 3, and why is that the case please? :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I used the S Pen a lot with the Note 2 and it's even better with the 3. I use it for quick notes all the time. It's great when I'm on a conference call and need to jot something down. I do screen shots and circle and note things for later or to send to a client.

I also use it anytime I just want that precision you can't get without the S Pen. It's great when on the Internet. The more I use it the more I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk