After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
After updating my phone. My note 3 keeps having a notification sound. But when I scroll down the notification, it doesn't show nothing. Wondering what is the problem to this notification sound. This annoys me since when I am in vibrate mode it keeps vibrating even without a notification. You guys have any idea about it? Am I the only one that experiencing this problem? Is there a way to fix it?? Please tell me. If this problem will not be fixed I would be dissapointed on this device. So far no problems only this small notification sound. Another problem is when in in mute mode it vibrates by himself wtf??? =((

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it a recognizable notification sound, or one you've never heard before? Yahoo Mail is a known source of difficult-to-identify notifications, so if you have it, turn off its notifications in the app's settings. I think ESPN might be another one.

If it's an unusual sound, like 3 rapid tones in succession, it could be the NFC tone (Near Field Communication). You could try turning NFC off in the Settings (usually under Wireless & Networks).

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Is it a recognizable notification sound, or one you've never heard before? Yahoo Mail is a known source of difficult-to-identify notifications, so if you have it, turn off its notifications in the app's settings. I think ESPN might be another one.

If it's an unusual sound, like 3 rapid tones in succession, it could be the NFC tone (Near Field Communication). You could try turning NFC off in the Settings (usually under Wireless & Networks).

I got Gmail brother and the Nfc is turned off

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I got Gmail brother and the Nfc is turned off

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

Now you are welcome. :)
(ref older thread)

@B. Diddy and all the moderators are very helpful and can pool knowledge, but obviously need information and feedback. Maybe you have found a solution yourself, or just missed something (we all do). Otherwise keep it going when you have time.

Nobody knows how much I don't know. Via my Note 3 on AC.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
After updating my phone. My note 3 keeps having a notification sound. But when I scroll down the notification, it doesn't show nothing. Wondering what is the problem to this notification sound. This annoys me since when I am in vibrate mode it keeps vibrating even without a notification. You guys have any idea about it? Am I the only one that experiencing this problem? Is there a way to fix it?? Please tell me. If this problem will not be fixed I would be dissapointed on this device. So far no problems only this small notification sound. Another problem is when in in mute mode it vibrates by himself wtf??? =((

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

Install this app and see what's listed after the notification occurs again.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.evanhe.nhfree&token=0lGHXQ6t

I had something similar, not after KitKat, but with a random notification I couldn't figure out and this found it right away.

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

dinkoh

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Bringing this old thread up, any solutions?

I don't think it has anything to do with the phone itself. A lot of phones have this issue, probably a KitKat problem. I have a Droid Maxx, and I have this random notification a couple times of day.

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Bringing this old thread up, any solutions?

I don't think it has anything to do with the phone itself. A lot of phones have this issue, probably a KitKat problem. I have a Droid Maxx, and I have this random notification a couple times of day.

I'm also experiencing this issue now, after the kit Kat update. It's the "music, video games and other media" ringtone sound (in the sound settings). That keeps playing. I was thinking of performing an "out of box" reset, but only as a last resort and after trouble shooting more.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss