My Note 3 started to slow down

likuna

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what is causing it, cause I regularly clean cache and trash from a phone(I'm using clean master) and I even have 12gb free space on a memory. The problem is that when phone goes to the sleep and when I want to turn it and press home button or power button, the screen is still black, the buttons on the sides of home button flash for a second and then switch off as if the phone is still on sleep mode...I have to try several times before the screen flashes and it goes to the lock screen BUT another round of hell starts here...even though I manage to wake phone it still works veeery slow, I can't even type the password on time before the screen blacks out again. I have to restart the phone to get rid of this, after restart it works normal untill the another slow down happens...I don't know what triggers it...at first it happened when I was charging the battery, the wifi was turned on that time and a lot of notifications came and thought that it was the problem. but another time when I was also charging battery the wifi was turned off and no apps were running background, it still happened. I thought it happened only when I was charging battery but once it happened when phone wasn't charging it was just in my bag and when I needed it I couldn't turn it on. I don't know what triggers it, I really want to fix it... is there any solution?? Please help!!!

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My note 3 started to slow down

Have you installed any new apps recently? It sounds like after awhile an app cold be hanging and causing it to slow down drastically.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If you haven't done so, do a restart and clear cache

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Not totally clear on the OP but could it be something with the Proximity sensor. Maybe leave it off and try.

Last edited:

likuna

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

If you haven't done so, do a restart and clear cache

I just simply restart and then clear cache with clean master or is there another way to do so???

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I just simply restart and then clear cache with clean master or is there another way to do so???

Power phone off, hold volume up, home button, and power button at the same time until the splash screen appears, release power button, phone will boot into recovery, use the volume buttons to navigate the menu, highlight "wipe cache partition" select using power button, when it's finished, select reboot.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Also, are you using a task killer?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try removing the sd card. I had a corrupt file on the sd card which caused my phone to run super slow.

likuna

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Power phone off, hold volume up, home button, and power button at the same time until the splash screen appears, release power button, phone will boot into recovery, use the volume buttons to navigate the menu, highlight "wipe cache partition" select using power button, when it's finished, select reboot.

Thank you :)) I'll try that one. I have a question, will this kind of cache cleaning close the tabs I have opened in my browser???

likuna

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Try removing the sd card. I had a corrupt file on the sd card which caused my phone to run super slow.

I don't use sd card, I only use phone memory

likuna

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Also, are you using a task killer?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, I use task killer which I can start from task manager and also I have installed clean master.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Thank you :)) I'll try that one. I have a question, will this kind of cache cleaning close the tabs I have opened in my browser???

I'm not sure, it doesn't kill tabs in Chrome

Haris Khan8

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what is causing it, cause I regularly clean cache and trash from a phone(I'm using clean master) and I even have 12gb free space on a memory. The problem is that when phone goes to the sleep and when I want to turn it and press home button or power button, the screen is still black, the buttons on the sides of home button flash for a second and then switch off as if the phone is still on sleep mode...I have to try several times before the screen flashes and it goes to the lock screen BUT another round of hell starts here...even though I manage to wake phone it still works veeery slow, I can't even type the password on time before the screen blacks out again. I have to restart the phone to get rid of this, after restart it works normal untill the another slow down happens...I don't know what triggers it...at first it happened when I was charging the battery, the wifi was turned on that time and a lot of notifications came and thought that it was the problem. but another time when I was also charging battery the wifi was turned off and no apps were running background, it still happened. I thought it happened only when I was charging battery but once it happened when phone wasn't charging it was just in my bag and when I needed it I couldn't turn it on. I don't know what triggers it, I really want to fix it... is there any solution?? Please help!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One of the easiest ways to speed up a phone (and I've run trials on a Note 3) is to uninstall Clean Master. It slows the phone down quite a bit. (The idea is great - for Windows. For Android, it's doing exactly the opposite of what should be done. Android needs FULL RAM, not empty RAM.)

If you're running any app that claims to "clean RAM", uninstall it and the phone will speed up (and you'll probably get a little longer battery life).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae