AT&T Note 3: KitKat is rolling out today some already getting the update

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: at&t kit Kat is rolling out today some all ready getting the update. my battery is to low to che

Thanks for the heads up! Downloading now... 541.77MB

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: at&t kit Kat is rolling out today some all ready getting the update. my battery is to low to che

I'm still not totally sold on the KitKat update. Good Luck and by all means report back your KitKat update findings

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

trust me, the gimmick in KK will fade as soon as 2 minutes, then the flood of bugs begin to bug you for months to come.

I say, don't do it until you read more feedbacks.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I updated to Kit Kat and I haven't had no issues. Battery has been fine as well. But I always reset phone after a huge update like that. But that's just me. I know you shouldn't have to do that but it's something that has always worked for me so I stick to it.

Posted via Android Central App

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com

I updated to Kit Kat and I haven't had no issues. Battery has been fine as well. But I always reset phone after a huge update like that. But that's just me. I know you shouldn't have to do that but it's something that has always worked for me so I stick to it.

Completely reset, like erase and everything and start over? You're right, we shouldn't have to do something like that but it sounds like a good idea. I may try that! My update is downloading now

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Completely reset, like erase and everything and start over? You're right, we shouldn't have to do something like that but it sounds like a good idea. I may try that! My update is downloading now

Yeah...After the phone updates, I reset thru recovery and start over fresh. That's just something I have always done with pass devices.....

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I am sure reset works, I am just not sure how long this can last. Since there are bugs in the OS, which google admits, reset wouldn't be a lasting solution.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I have updated to 4.4.2. I looked at various things and then moved all my pics, videos, and music back to the micro sd card. Everything seems snappy, no lag, and no problems opening any of my applications. Wake Lock Detector has lost some functionality and must have root to obtain certain statistics again. The update seems to be problem free but the longer term test will be battery longevity, which will be evaluated over the next few days. So far so good. I will proceed without doing a complete wipe and reset for now and see what happens.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I have read on ATT's support site that users with KK have improved GPS. Mine has been dropping a lot as of late, so if this update fixes it then it is well worth it! I drive for a living and constantly on GPS.

Edit: I am downloading KK now!

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
A bunch of additions to the pen window! That's cool. Not a fan of this keyboard transition effects though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I have read on ATT's support site that users with KK have improved GPS. Mine has been dropping a lot as of late, so if this update fixes it then it is well worth it! I drive for a living and constantly on GPS.

Edit: I am downloading KK now!

Pls let us know about KK & the GPS.

Good luck

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Pls let us know about KK & the GPS.

Good luck

My compass never worked right before. Downloaded KK and that was the first thing I checked. Worked like a charm now!

Will post more on it as I drive tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Lordklutz

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, just updated to kit kat...However my pull down settings toggles are still a dark color background...shouldn't they be white?

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hope AT&T did better Q&A then T-mobile did, the Kitkat literally destroys Note 3's left and right. I had to go through THREE Note 3's until I finally got one and kept Jelly Bean on it, thats how bad KitKat wrecked them.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It is a bit early to come to a final judgment but it seems like us AT&T Note 3 users got a 4.4.2 update which appears improved to what the earlier releases to other carriers got.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, just updated to kit kat...However my pull down settings toggles are still a dark color background...shouldn't they be white?

Not the toggles just the panel when up, like battery, time, signal, notifications.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a suspicion the later you get KK, the better it will be, and this is late.

I have had it for 11 days on a N9005 UK version and it's been good. Apps work the same, save to SD etc, but I haven't explored fully and don't download music or videos to save.
Just been some Google Sync error issues, mainly with Gallery. I think Google selects all the sync boxes you deselected before.
I guess carrier versions will be different, but late could mean good.

Still, if your phone turns to mush, remember it was me who told you not to.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1