Will the S-view flip cover scratch the Screen?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had my S view since January and it's been fine. No scratching at all.
I also have the Spigen magnetic clip on mine. For the first while I didn't have that and it drove me nuts how once I put the phone down the flap wouldn't stay closed. Since I have got the clip I haven't had any problems at all. Personally I think it adds a bit of class to the case as well.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had my S view since January and it's been fine. No scratching at all.
I also have the Spigen magnetic clip on mine. For the first while I didn't have that and it drove me nuts how once I put the phone down the flap wouldn't stay closed. Since I have got the clip I haven't had any problems at all. Personally I think it adds a bit of class to the case as well.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Doesn't the magnetic clip scratch the screen? the metal part goes on the inside of the flip cover too when sliding on making contact with the screen....

Zahid Uwais

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the S-view cover for almost 4 months now. and i didn't have a screen protector on my phone (i thought i wouldn't need one). well it turns out i was wrong.

The S-View cover ruined my phone. There are so many small scratches on the phone (at the place where the small window is, NOT the magnet) and also the small screen on the S-View cover leaves a permanent (smudge) mark on the phone, i tried many ways to get rid of it, it doesn't come off.

The only solution is to use the S-View cover with a screen protector.
For those of you who are currently using it without a screen protector for couple of months i suggest you examine your screen under a bright light i guarantee you will find scratches.

P.S

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005, and the official note 3 S-view cover.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Samsung S-View cover and Spigen magnetic clip with an iLoome Glass Sreen protector, No scratches to speak of. I've never had the chance to use the S-View case or magnetic clip without the iLoome glass so I don't know how the actual bare screen would hold up against scratching.

Ro Klei

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, er...just to add a note here, ( am slowly reading through all threads since discovering this nice forum ) . Have had my Note3 since november and put the s-view cover on from day one, have just now examined my screen with a tourch and can see no scratches nor that s-view square on screen...am not using an extra screen protector.

Posted via Android Central App

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I even wonder if the S-pen will scratch over time. I put a screen protector on mine just to be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rigosj

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm this. Unfortunatelly, my note 3 is scratched slightly by the flip cover. I have removed the flip cover.

I have been using the S-view cover for almost 4 months now. and i didn't have a screen protector on my phone (i thought i wouldn't need one). well it turns out i was wrong.

The S-View cover ruined my phone. There are so many small scratches on the phone (at the place where the small window is, NOT the magnet) and also the small screen on the S-View cover leaves a permanent (smudge) mark on the phone, i tried many ways to get rid of it, it doesn't come off.

The only solution is to use the S-View cover with a screen protector.
For those of you who are currently using it without a screen protector for couple of months i suggest you examine your screen under a bright light i guarantee you will find scratches.

P.S

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005, and the official note 3 S-view cover.

DomuRaka

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I used original S view cover for few months on my Note 3 N9005. It certainly leaves marks/scratch at the border of s view window. In fact in marks the outline of s view window on the screen. This is really annoying coz I used the cover to protect the screen and now cover is actually scratching the screen of my phone. Shame on you Samsung for such a poor design!