Note 3: Screen won't come on after locking phone

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
After I lock my Note 3, when I come to unlock it about 7 times out of 10, the screen wont come back on. The touch buttons respond if I press them but they don't wake the screen up.

I'm running official android 4.4 with the International Note 3. Has anyone else encountered this?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: screen Wont come on after locking phone

Swipe to unlock. I've done a factory reset and it looks to have fixed it so far

Posted via Android Central App

guanalpa

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, I did a factory reset and after some days the problem appear again. I worked without any apps and work installing apps one by one, without be able to identify if there is a particular problem with some particular app. My Note 3 is encrypted due security policies of my email address, also try with knox to avoid encriptations but nothing append.

Another problem that I have, is that the delay some times didnt allow me see who is callin me and take accionts over the phone call.

I think there is a problem with Kitkat update, I didnt have this kind of problems before OTA update,

Regards
Guillermo

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, I did a factory reset and after some days the problem appear again. I worked without any apps and work installing apps one by one, without be able to identify if there is a particular problem with some particular app. My Note 3 is encrypted due security policies of my email address, also try with knox to avoid encriptations but nothing append.

Another problem that I have, is that the delay some times didnt allow me see who is callin me and take accionts over the phone call.

I think there is a problem with Kitkat update, I didnt have this kind of problems before OTA update,

Regards
Guillermo

I have that exact problem. It's perfectly fine after the factory reset until I come to install apps. It will handle a few but when I have installed 6 or 7 apps, it starts to freak out.

It's quite annoying that you can't revert back to 4.3 because clearly these updates aren't thoroughly tested before they're released, and then we are using ?550 phones that don't work properly