Over the head, wired head set with microphone for Note 3

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the V-moda M-100 but they are $300 dollars and music quality was a priority over microphone though it does have 1... I love V-moda and the build quality and maybe the LP which is around $100-130 or so is a decent choice ( really bass heavy) or the brand new XS which is on the ear for $200

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the BOSE Q15, they sound great to ME. I've tried a lot of headphones over the years and these are good for ME. Everyones ears are different and like different sounds, IMO BOSE allows you to hear ALL the music.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I like the BOSE Q15, they sound great to ME. I've tried a lot of headphones over the years and these are good for ME. Everyones ears are different and like different sounds, IMO BOSE allows you to hear ALL the music.

Active noise cancellation headphones while for you might be good headphones with active noise cancellation will never have the best sound for the price ....long story short version why is the stuff that makes it active noise cancellation effects sound quality ( this is also not scientific)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Active noise cancellation headphones while for you might be good headphones with active noise cancellation will never have the best sound for the price ....long story short version why is the stuff that makes it active noise cancellation effects sound quality ( this is also not scientific)

OPINION.......

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever tried BOSE Q15? or just read what what other people think.

In store yes ...using my own music player. They are the best active noise cancellation headphones but I prefer noise quality over noise cancellation. I'm not saying you liking it is a bad choice but just informing people in general active noise cancellation headphones wouldn't sound as good as ones with like passive noise cancellation in the same price range

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In store yes ...using my own music player. They are the best active noise cancellation headphones but I prefer noise quality over noise cancellation. I'm not saying you liking it is a bad choice but just informing people in general active noise cancellation headphones wouldn't sound as good as ones with like passive noise cancellation in the same price range

Once again SPECULATION....I like the sound of BOSE and that's all that really matters.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Speculation ? Lol ok. Your right it's all that matters to you ....but still proven active noise cancellation effects sound quality

Yeah OK....Compared to V-Moda I suppose. BOSE has been a standard in the audio business for a while....I guess because people think their products sound...oh I don't know...Maybe ...GREAT

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah OK....Compared to V-Moda I suppose. BOSE has been a standard in the audio business for a while....I guess because people think their products sound...oh I don't know...Maybe ...GREAT

I don't buy Bose and I require great sounding products ;)

People buy beats because they think it sounds "great" ...while I would buy Bose way before beats and they aren't terrible you can find better for the same price

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't buy Bose and I require great sounding products ;)

People buy beats because they think it sounds "great" ...while I would buy Bose way before beats and they aren't terrible you can find better for the same price

Once again people hear and see things differently. What you might think is a train, might just be a Tornado.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My highly biased unsubstantiated opinion is that Beats by Dr Dre!! LOL have been a young generation style icon adopted by HP that have no actual history in audio. I may actually like them, though not when I tried 2 models in store with their mp3 music.

Bose is a bigger annoyance for me. I have heard their surround systems a few years ago with the little speakers. They can impress initially because of their size and again are ok for movies.
But that Bose Wave 3 sided radio / dab/ cd/ ipod player in black or white with slats, that has been more or less the same for 20 years I really don't get.
I have spent time with them house sitting in 2 houses. Over priced 'Emporers new Clothes' rubbish people buy to impress.
I wish I had the money to try out their real audio, they must have great expertise.
I can certainly accept their headphones could be excellent.
Noise cancellation affecting sonic performance sounds logical, but may not affect the sound in practice, especially if there is no external noise to cancel. *(Though I forget how they work)

I have always been biased against Bose with their d?signer stores, because they seem aimed at people who want an expensive name. Maybe they will read this and give me freebies.

I am currently an open back Grado man.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Enough guys. My highly biased unsubstantiated opinion is that Beats by Dr Dre!! LOL have been a young generation style icon adopted by HP that have no actual history in audio. I may actually like them, though I tried 2 models in store with their mp3 music.

Bose is a bigger annoyance for me. I have heard their surround systems a few years ago with the little speakers. They can impress initially because of their size and again are ok for movies.
But that 3 sided radio / dab/ cd/ipod player in black or white with slats, (I'm not going to look it up in a sunny park) that has been more or less the same for 20 years I really don't get. I have spent time with them house sitting in 2 houses. Over priced 'Emporers new Clothes' rubbish people buy to impress.
I wish I had the money to try out their real audio, they must have great expertise, but I would worry who their products are targeting.
I can certainly accept their headphones could be excellent.
Noise cancellation affecting sonic performance sounds logical, but may not affect in practice, especially if there is no external noise to cancel. *(Though I forget how they work)

I have always been biased against Bose with their d?signer stores, because they seem aimed at people who want an expensive name. Maybe they will read this and give me freebies. I may delete this rubbish later.

I am currently an open back Grado man.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Active noise cancellation in no scientific reasoning but is true is the headphones has mics the listen to outside noise and basically takes that and counters it with the opposite frequency (something like that) to cancel out that noise. Bose Qc15 is one of the best and is probably the Best active noise cancellation headphones in the market and if you need active noise cancellation for a plane ride or noisy house then i would suggest those over other brands that use active noise cancellation like Beats Studios (solely based on active noise cancellation) to name another one . The electronics that make the active noise cancellation will affect the sound quality. The Bose Qc15 and even their other products like IE2 aren't "bad" products but if your looking for the most bang for your buck for pure sound quality $299.99 for the Qc15 sound quality a bit to much. I would value the QC15 on pure sound quality around $200

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I would like to go "wired" instead of Bluetooth. Wondering what you are using?

Thx

This thread was hijacked from the OP.

So V-Moda x 3 models?, and Bose Q15.

More wired headband 'phones with mic ?
Price range tbc ?

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21