Note 3: My Note 1's camera was better then this....

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Got some more photos there. great clean profile. front wing vents real old supercar. wing mirrors placement and low door window. I hope it was a highly experienced designer proud of his work. very few cars I like anymore. One you would buy if you could just for the looks. That rear corner drop down body work is on another car I'm sure, or I've seen this before. Anyway thanks.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The smaller it gets the better I like it. Still too long in the flank for me. Doors are still too long for my taste. I'm more of an Exige or Mk 3 RX7 twin turbo proportion guy. Trim and nimble looking. The headlights on the Vette are slightly reminiscent of the elongated Exige lamps. Pretty cool. And those body cuts are really sharp, as in could cut your hand if you aren't careful <g>.

The only thing I'm not a big fan of are the Camaro styling cues on the rear panel.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Good points. Camaro was it.
I only like the profile because it managed to stay close to the original, but it wouldn't be the decider for me. The rest of the design is better.
I would buy an Exige S tomorrow while I could still climb in to one. Steering feel, suspension and handling are nearly everything. If it has a slick gearbox and clutch feel even better.

6y7usary.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
For once a white paint job and larger black wheels improve the look of that design, over the 'stock' photos on their website. Very nice.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The perspective makes it look longer than it really is. More Corvettey. I like it better when you see it in real life. It's more squashed than it looks here. Better.

Still, it's really good. No more greenhouse glass in the back either. At least for now.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There was a Corvette showroom in fashionable Park Lane here in 2004. I was asked to get some details there for a wealthy guy I worked for. I got the young salesmans card and he had the most extraordinarily apposite surname, which I can't remember. Something like Danny Chevrolet or very similar. I am surprised I haven't seen a review or feature in a magazine here, but there might have been. It will probably be imported in limited numbers and lhd. Good for a trans-European jaunt.
I will probably see one when the weathy middle easterns come to town in the summer with their garishly painted supercars. They all want to have something unusual.
Adaptive suspension stuff and a targa roof option too I see. It does look shorter from the rear, but it would.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Wait until the boys from Top Gear get a hold of it. You know that Hamster will love it and excuse any faults and the Big Ugly will scoff at its ponderousness. However, I think that they're going to love the look. If it's not a widowmaker and is nimbler than previous editions, we might have a winner.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Or they will pitch it against the Jaguar F-Type where there will only be one winner. Magazines have a serious Jaguar - Land Rover bias anyway, maybe Top Gear will be more honest. I drove the new Range Rover V8 a lot and I thought it was rubbish, but I couldn't tell the owner.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You've gotta admit that the new F-Type is a real comer. At least it seems that way from TG's film on it.

I still haven't seen (or heard one) in the flesh though. That's surprising because I get to see just about everything eventually because, where I work, people park some of the most outrageous stuff in front of the place. Bentleys are a dime a dozen. Ferraris, pretty common. Three or four Astin Martins and Maseratis. The occasional Lambo. Audi A8s (at least 3 that I know of, two of which are convertibles). We've got a guy with an AMG SLS. In fact, quite a few AMG flavors show up; in fact, the guy who owns this car has been driving a nice AMG E63 bi-turbo. The Vette is apparently his new toy.

And no, I'm not a footballer .

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You've gotta admit that the new F-Type is a real comer. At least it seems that way from TG's film on it.

I still haven't seen (or heard one) in the flesh though. That's surprising because I get to see just about everything eventually because, where I work, people park some of the most outrageous stuff in front of the place. Bentleys are a dime a dozen. Ferraris, pretty common. Three or four Astin Martins and Maseratis. The occasional Lambo. Audi A8s (at least 3 that I know of, two of which are convertibles). We've got a guy with an AMG SLS. In fact, quite a few AMG flavors show up; in fact, the guy who owns this car has been driving a nice AMG E63 bi-turbo. The Vette is apparently his new toy.

And no, I'm not a footballer .

HaHa. Some places just ooze expensive cars. It used to be just Monaco. The F-Type is a nice shape for sure. I hated the soulless interior of the Range Rover and the ridiculous menu systems and nav display. The suspension was awful and the supercharged engine was characterless as well. Different heavy beast though. Apparently the new RR Sport is better to drive, no adaptive dampers and more rock and 'roll' on the big one. I wanted to drive another example though as there was a hint this one had some armour plating, so that may be why it was badly damped.
I was gonna guess Miami, not sure after those photos, but don't tell me.
Nice original Corvette and some motor event. Cool.

esa7udu3.jpg

y7y6uqe3.jpg

e3eqe6us.jpg

sa4ahusu.jpg

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
No, not a car show. A concert.

Just random customers' cars. Not car customers either. And no, not Miami.

And actually the camera was on auto. I was using Camera FV5 though.