Note 3: Screen protectors

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my Note 3 the Best Buy Salesperson told me that a screen protector would cost $28.00.
I thought that was too much so I asked him to leave the 'flimsy' plastic cover that comes with a new phone. 5 months later I noticed that the original cover was getting a bit shabby. I peeled it off and discovered that it wasn't 'flimsy' at all. Much heavier Gauge plastic than you would think. Underneath my screen is brand new.
Point is, Note 3 effectively comes with a screen protector out of the box. Now I will shop for a new one at my leisure.
If you are a new purchaser, check it out before you splurge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
How hard is tempered glass to install?

I had my Verizon rep do it.
NOTE: Make sure you are happy with the installation before you leave or you're stuck with it!
I have read they are easy to install but I haven't tried it.
Maybe check out some youtube videos on how to install glass screen savers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried so many different screen protectors and tempered glass. I just couldn't stand anything on the screen. I think it's the colors and the way the Gorilla glass 2 shows them.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy folks installed the tempered glass on mine yesterday. Feels just like actual screen. Love it.

Posted via my Note 3

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my Note 3 the Best Buy Salesperson told me that a screen protector would cost $28.00.
I thought that was too much so I asked him to leave the 'flimsy' plastic cover that comes with a new phone. 5 months later I noticed that the original cover was getting a bit shabby. I peeled it off and discovered that it wasn't 'flimsy' at all. Much heavier Gauge plastic than you would think. Underneath my screen is brand new.
Point is, Note 3 effectively comes with a screen protector out of the box. Now I will shop for a new one at my leisure.
If you are a new purchaser, check it out before you splurge.

I like your logic on this... :)

I have a $7.50 tempered glass protector on mine.. They were so cheap, I purchased a spare.. Still have the spare as the first on is working perfectly.. That $28 one at Bestbuy, seems to be highway robbery.. :)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I like your logic on this... :)

I have a $7.50 tempered glass protector on mine.. They were so cheap, I purchased a spare.. Still have the spare as the first on is working perfectly.. That $28 one at Bestbuy, seems to be highway robbery.. :)

It was probably the zagg ones and Tbh if I was going to buy plastic ones those are fairly good for the price IMO. I had a tempered glass one myself and besides the fact got dust under it I just never liked the feel of it while swiping on the screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How hard is tempered glass to install?

On a scale of 1-10? Probably about a neg 4. Make sure your screen is clean and drop it right on. The protector does 95% of the work.

CrashPush

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Using the Zagg glass and I like it much better than the Zagg plastic screen protectors that I used to use. It looks great installed and is definitely worth it.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use a iLoome Tempered GLASS screen protector (Zagg GLASS wasn't out yet for the Note3 when I purchased). I think any quality GLASS screen protector is worth it. I didn't have any discoloration as some have posted. Maybe the cheap ones alter the look and feel of the screen.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I use a iLoome Tempered GLASS screen protector (Zagg GLASS wasn't out yet for the Note3 when I purchased). I think any quality GLASS screen protector is worth it. I didn't have any discoloration as some have posted. Maybe the cheap ones alter the look and feel of the screen.

I bought the Spigen one for $40 and while it felt like quality product i just didnt like the feel of it... I just like the glass that is on the screen itself. The glass sort of feels like what it feels like on the Note 10.1 2014 edition

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Spigen one for $40 and while it felt like quality product i just didnt like the feel of it... I just like the glass that is on the screen itself. The glass sort of feels like what it feels like on the Note 10.1 2014 edition

I do understand that, because that's how I felt with my Blackberry PlayBook. No matter which screen protector I put on it...it just didn't feel right, however GLASS screen protectors were not out yet. I use Spigen cases, but have yet to try their GLASS screen protectors. The device screen does feel good...until you get that first scratch...SMILE

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I do understand that, because that's how I felt with my Blackberry PlayBook. No matter which screen protector I put on it...it just didn't feel right, however GLASS screen protectors were not out yet. I use Spigen cases, but have yet to try their GLASS screen protectors. The device screen does feel good...until you get that first scratch...SMILE

Meh i just threw out every one i tried so i gave up caring

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I had my Verizon rep do it.
NOTE: Make sure you are happy with the installation before you leave or you're stuck with it!
I have read they are easy to install but I haven't tried it.
Maybe check out some youtube videos on how to install glass screen savers.

"Size does matter!"

I far as I'm concerned glass is the way to go. Looks and feels like the original screen and adds that layer of protection!

"Size does matter!"

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It was probably the zagg ones and Tbh if I was going to buy plastic ones those are fairly good for the price IMO. I had a tempered glass one myself and besides the fact got dust under it I just never liked the feel of it while swiping on the screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Screen protectors are high subjective. What is good for me, might not be good for you, and we both be correct. The point is to go what works for each of us.. I had a Spigen Temp Glass that I paid over $30 for. It wouldn't stay on my Note 3. I sent it back for a full refund. Now, I have a $7.50 Tempered Screen and it has worked perfectly for 4 1/2 months. Even got a spare. BTW, nothing under the screen, dust, bubbles nothing.. Just super clear.. .

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I far as I'm concerned glass is the way to go. Looks and feels like the original screen and adds that layer of protection!

"Size does matter!"

I agree with you on that, I have tempered glass on my Note 3, and Note 10.1 2014.. They look and work perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton