Note 4 wishlist?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I want my note to replace my desktop. So a good desktop dock with all the needed connectivity, and a desktop mode that really makes it work like a computer when docked.

To go along with that idea a 64 bit processor and 4-6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage.

I like the idea of one device to do it all, and I really believe we could do it with the right software.

Ocoee a bigger battery is always great to. I like the power save mode on the S5 and wish they brought that to the note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

Totally agree with this. I would love to get rid of my desktop. I only turn it on to print something.
A legit dock with all the connections to a monitor/TV. Maybe even Samsung could see a mouse and keyboard combo with the dock. It would be a great set up.
Just throw your Note in the dock that's set up to your 50 inch. Sit down on the couch with your keyboard and mouse and do everything that you would do with your laptop and such... Just from your phone.

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I want it to look just like this...

va2u5agy.jpg

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No, lol. That was a render from the Samsung patent filing for curved screen glass from concept phones.com.

http://www.concept-phones.com/samsu...e-4-rendered-jermaine-smit-based-patent-leak/

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Thanks. That was on January 4th. Curved, 5.9 edge to edge and some metal, huh. Sounds good to me. I wonder if it will happen. You've kept that to yourself :) or I haven't seen it.
On reading again it may be someone's concept based on patent application leaks. Sounds great anyway.
Let's keep it to ourselves. :cool:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I take the point about an all metal finish. Personally I like the faux leather back on the Note 3 so I'd be happy to see that stay. Perhaps a metal surround (the bit that's currently silver plastic) would add some extra durability without too much extra weight.

Would like to see the speaker beefed up a bit too. Current one lacks punch.

I agree. I really like the faux leather. I also think that making the trim actual metal would make the phone feel a lot better.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Screen is big enough. We already are border line looking like idiots with this big phone to our head.

Bigger battery, better build quality like the Motorola droid max. And keep the sd card port and removable battery. Give us choice of light or dark themes for dialer and messages. And add the extras as they are now, if you want stock Google Motorola droid max it's a great phone for that feature.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Same size screen, anything bigger would be too big I think. You're better off buying a 7inch 3G/4G tab if you want bigger, maybe get the screen as an edge to edge display, Snapdragon 805, 4GB RAM, flat home button rather than raised like the original note, aluminium body or at least an aluminium surround with a real leather back cover, 16mp sensor with xenon flash and better macro with quicker focusing

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I dont think I would want a phone with any bigger of a footprint.. I loved my note2 and love my note3, however a few things I dont want...

I dont care about the metal bodies like the HTC, the samsung plastic has worked, and whike I carry my phone n an otterbox defender I think the fake leather back was an improvement over the slick back. The metal just doesnt "improve" the phone to me.

I dont want a phone the size of the mega 6.3. My boss has one and while its nice its a little beyond what I would want.

I would like to see the waterproofing.. I wish they would use some sort of the nano coating tech that motorola uses on their phones..

I would like to see two speakers, even if on the bottom like the note3 ( I guess two would make it like the iphones)

Anyway, as far as touchwiz.. ive never had a problem w it so it doesnt bother me. You have to remember samsung eventually wants to have its own system away from android.. like ios, so I dont see a vanilla version coming.. it would contradict what samsung wants.

My two cents..

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I dont think I would want a phone with any bigger of a footprint.. I loved my note2 and love my note3, however a few things I dont want...

I dont care about the metal bodies like the HTC, the samsung plastic has worked, and whike I carry my phone n an otterbox defender I think the fake leather back was an improvement over the slick back. The metal just doesnt "improve" the phone to me.

I dont want a phone the size of the mega 6.3. My boss has one and while its nice its a little beyond what I would want.

I would like to see the waterproofing.. I wish they would use some sort of the nano coating tech that motorola uses on their phones..

I would like to see two speakers, even if on the bottom like the note3 ( I guess two would make it like the iphones)

Anyway, as far as touchwiz.. ive never had a problem w it so it doesnt bother me. You have to remember samsung eventually wants to have its own system away from android.. like ios, so I dont see a vanilla version coming.. it would contradict what samsung wants.

My two cents..

A better analogy regarding the 2 speakers on the bottom would be.....It would make it more like Samsung's tablet lineup.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Maggnus

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I'll like to see
1 . Much better battery - 4000 mAh would be nice
2. Thinner and lighter frame
3. Software optimization, especially for apps like SNote, etc - every action should be snappy. At the moment SNote is too slow, so it's the gallery and certainly aspects of the camera, etc
4. Better screen with unmatched sunlight legibility
5. Of course IP67 certified
6. Wireless charging out of the box
7. 128Gb international storage option on day one
8. Snapdragon 805
9. Much better speaker quality and loudness
10. Better camera with OIS to
11. Remove SVoice, S translate, the physical home button and exclude a heart rate monitor
12. Option to have onscreen buttons
13. Knock on feature to turn the phone on
14. Unlocked version with all the USA and international radios / bands

I don't care if they use plastic, paper or cloth for the shell as long as it's very thin and light, durable and looks premium.

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I can deal with touchwiz. Theres akways custom roms for that issue.

Just give us on screen buttons and make to screen 5.9 to make up for lost space. Keep the removable batteries and SD cards.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I can deal with touchwiz. Theres akways custom roms for that issue.

Just give us on screen buttons and make to screen 5.9 to make up for lost space. Keep the removable batteries and SD cards.

Booooooooooo...... No on screen buttons! I can't stand them.

Removable battery and SD cards are must though! They make a phone that much more capable.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Why?

I am kind of thinking the opposite way of you. I am not a fan of how they take up screen real estate. I rather have them disconnect and know that the bottom of my screen is really the bottom of my screen.
I prefer having a row that is dedicated buttons and always there on my device.
Don't get me wrong, a 5.9 inch screen would be great! I just haven't been able to get used to the traditional Android on screen buttons.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. Keep seperate physical home buttons and soft keys. For so many reasons. You know we're right. Let's not be childish about this.

Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons Buttons

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
For me, bigger battery, even better camera, faster processor, screen is fine maybe smaller bezels, ip67 as long as it can keep the bezels nice and thin. Louder/better speakers would also be better. I hope to God they don't put it on the back like with the s models

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
New to the Note 3 here, so take all of this with a grain of salt:

1. Keep the faux leather but drop the silly fake stitching.
2. Keep form factor, but extend screen edge to edge (or even wrap around one edge for controls/notifications)
3. Offer a 128GB storage option
4. Integrate main storage and micro-SDXC cards - so what if you fork Google (I mean Android :D)
5. Integrate S-Pen note taking with either Evernote or OneNote for note integration across platforms
5a. While in there, set up a "tablet mode" so you can install tablet versions of software - Office for Android is coming
6. Real dock with HDMI, USB 3, and storage
7. Optical image stabilization for the camera (how about a 3-5X optical zoom while they're at it)
8. Better speakers (on opposite ends for stereo effect)
9. More battery (always MORE battery)

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
This is my wish list excluding some obvious ones like bigger screen, bigger battery, snapdrag805...etc.

- OIS
- New, lighter TouchWiz
- IP67 certification
- Headphone jack on bottom!
- Greater audio output (like M8)
- Metal band
- Sturdier home button!
- Slightly lower on/off button
- fingerprint scanner (if it actually works well)